Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have tried holding down Escape,DElete, and F1 at boot, none of these work.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

F10 immediately after powering on.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

F10 immediately after powering on.

HP Recommended

Thanks.

It WORKED 😮

HP Recommended

You're welcome.;)

HP Recommended

While you're in there, turn off the USB charge mode to save battery while the machine is off.

HP Recommended

I just bought the HP Envy earlier this week and found the F10 key by itself didn't work, but I was able to press ESC and then get a menu with F10 as the BIOS Settings option.  I was then able to make my change to disable Action Keys (which I think should be the default).  So the info on this page definitely helped but was missing one very important step.  

HP Recommended

Pressing F10 is not working for me. Nor is Escape. After being on the phone with HP Tech Support for more than an hour, I'm wondering if there is a design flaw. I'm using an HP Envy x2 with a detachable bluetooth keyboard. My guess is that the bluetooth keyboard does not turn on and engage until after the motherboard wakes up, so it is too late to hit any button for accessing the bios. I've tried everything. If it's the case that the bluetooth keyboard does not turn on until after it's too late to access the bios, then this is a design flaw. Please let me know it's not.

HP Recommended

On the newer Envy x2, as soon as you boot, press the windows button (the touch one under the display) and then press f10 on the on-screen keyboard.

HP Recommended

f10 on the onscreen keyboard? where is that?

HP Recommended
When you press power, just press that windows button. It will vibrate and you'll see the keyboard appear.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.