12-28-2013 12:48 PM
Whenever I try to update my Apps on my HP Envy laptop they don't download. The download never starts, it just says "pending". I have been waiting for days and jusr got this computer 3 days ago. HELP MUCH WANTED AND APPRECIATED!!!
12-28-2013 01:13 PM
Welcome to the HP Forum!
It is frustrating when things start going wrong so soon.
This appears, from the comments I've seen, to be a Microsoft issue.
I looked around for the solution; this thread from the Microsoft community seems to cover what most people can use to resolve the issue: windows 8 apps or updates installation issues
Read through the various comments in the Posts to see what might work for you.
These particluar fixes have the following in common:
- Delete the folder or at least the contents of c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution
- then run wsreset.exe to clear the cache
I would suggest a Restart after the fix has been applied.
Hope that helps.
Click the Kudos Star!
It is a nice way to say “Thank You” for the help.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)