Question

Tutor
Robhale
Message 1 of 7 (22,036 Views)

HP G60-213EM Audio, Microphone & Modem driver problems (XP SP3)

Hi All,

Thanks for the help in getting the G60 downgraded.  I now have the following remaining problems and have scoured the forums for the solutions, but non have worked:

Model:  HP G60-213EM
XP-SP3 

MS UAA for XP SP3 installed & machine rebooted before attempting installation of following:

Microphone:  Audio is working with Conexant High-Definition SmartAudio 221 Driver however Microphone is not.

Modem:  HP 33839 does not work, stating that there is no device.

I have tried both updating driver and removing and reinstalling manually from a list.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Best regards

Rob

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 7 (22,003 Views)

Re: HP G60-213EM Audio, Microphone & Modem driver problems (XP SP3)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Download audio driver from here.

Intructions how to install it in XP.

1. Extract this driver with Winrar.
  2. Open Device manager and expand the Sound, video and game controllers section.
  3. Right click on Either the High Definition Audio Device if you have the generic Microsoft drivers, or the Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 if you have older Conexant drivers and choose "Update Driver Software..."
  4. Click Browse my computer for driver software, then click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
  5. Click "Have Disk..." then Browse to the folder where the drivers were extracted  .......\XP32 for 32-bit XP. Click OK.
  6. Select one of the "Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221"
  7. Click Next, and you're done.
I'm not sure which one from the list will work for You. On CQ60 few users confirmed then first one worked for them. In Your situation it may be other choice so just test them all.
Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 08-22-2009 05:12 AM

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 7 (22,033 Views)

Try to install again this file for modem. I think that You were trying to do that before installation of MS-UAA.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Tutor
Robhale
Message 4 of 7 (21,950 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Daniel,

Installed MS-UAA first (XP-SP3 version from KB835221) first then drivers as per instructions.  As a test I have uninstalled both the modem, Connexant HD Audio and Intel HD Audio  HDMI devices, rebooted, installed KB835221 again, rebooted, then installed Connexant HD Smart Audio 221 using the instructions.

I have also tried this for the modem with no success (Code 10 error).

I have sound, but no mic or modem.

When installing from the file you posted, it only comes up with a single device. 

Any ideas?

Rob

Message Edited by Robhale on 07-16-2009 08:05 AM
Tutor
Robhale
Message 5 of 7 (21,948 Views)

Update:  After running the Sound and Audio hardware Troubleshooter (Control Panel > Sounds, Speech & Audio Devices > Voice > Test Hardware) the microphone has suddenly started working!

However Modem still not working.  Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 6 of 7 (21,929 Views)

Try to install this modem manually:

Conexant HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP here

1.Right click on "Modem device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
2. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
3. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
4. Click Next and then select "Modem" from the list.
5. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
6. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp33890 folder and select the .inf file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.

I've got one request to You. Can You install again audio and make pictures of every screen that will appear when You will be doing this and put it on any server packed in one file (as rar or zip file)? I will be very grateful for something like this.

This will be big help for other users which have this model.

Student
mehmet_yildiz02
Message 7 of 7 (4,467 Views)

Robhale wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks for the help in getting the G60 downgraded.  I now have the following remaining problems and have scoured the forums for the solutions, but non have worked:

XP-SP3 

MS UAA for XP SP3 installed & machine rebooted before attempting installation of following:

Microphone:  Audio is working with Conexant High-Definition SmartAudio 221 Driver however Microphone is not.

I have tried both updating driver and removing and reinstalling manually from a list.

Best regards

Rob

Robhale wrote:

Hi All,

XP-SP3 

Best regards

Rob

Robhale wrote:

Hi All,

XP-SP3 

Best regards

Rob

Robhale wrote:

Hi All,

XP-SP3 

Best regards

Rob

Robhale wrote:

Hi All,

XP-SP3 

Best regards

Rob

Robhale wrote:

Hi All,

XP-SP3 

Best regards

Rob

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation