Question

Honor Student
liliceman77
Message 1 of 5 (564 Views)

HP G60-230 US will not hibernate or sleep.

When I make my laptop hibernate the screen shuts off but the power stays on. The screen will not turn back on and I have to hold down the power button, turn it off, and turn it back on. This keep happening to me. last time I contacted HP chat and they had me remove something, turn my computer off, turn it back on and it reinstalled the service. I can't remember how to get to that screen where you remove the service. It's not a driver. Just the hibernate/sleep service I have to remove and reinstall. Anyone know how to?

Honor Student
stoker99
Message 2 of 5 (532 Views)

Re: HP G60-230 US will not hibernate or sleep.

YOU MUST CALL HP TOLL FREE NUMBER AND THEY WILL DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE TO FIX IT.

Honor Student
liliceman77
Message 3 of 5 (516 Views)

There was no software to download. They just had me go into a window that had aton of different services listed. They had me go down to hibernation and sleep, click, and hit uninstall. I rebooted and voilla it worked. Now my laptop is out of warranty and I refuse to pay to talk to some indian chick.

Top Student
weq92f
Message 4 of 5 (413 Views)

I'm having the exact same issue with my G60 lately.  

Ask for Hibernate, screen goes black but then it never goes into hibernate mode.  Have to kill the power and restart fresh to get control again.

Does anybody have a real fix for this issue?

I have discovered that it will hibernate most of the time, but it takes a long time for it to start the process.  Externally I see nothing abnormal when it's in this state.  It's not writing excessively to the disk but does tend to hit the CPU as the fans usually start spinning faster and lots of heat is being generated.

When ( if ) the hibernation process starts, it's noticable because the Wi-Fi blue light goes amber and the disk lights up full while the hiberfile.sys is being written, then power-down.

When ( if ) it never hibernates, it just sits and spins.  I guess I should try pinging it when its in this state, maybe even setup a telnet server or remote control and see if I can get in, but D@NG I shouldn't have to.

It's obviously stuck on something for some reason.  Any ideas?

-klb

Student
Dputz
Message 5 of 5 (80 Views)

Any update.  The laptop has had this problem since i got it. It appears its now at 75% of the time it does not work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation