Question

Honor Student
GoldenLee
Message 1 of 13 (21,469 Views)

HP G72 Notebook PC.

Hi, I'm using brand new HP G72 Notebook PC, with Windows 7.  Need to use the webcam, but no icon or indication in programs.  Can you help?  Thanks.

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 13 (21,455 Views)

Re: HP G72 Notebook PC.

It may be in a sub category in Programs under "HP"

You may have to reinstall the software. Find "Recovery Manager" in Programs and in the left column find "Software Program Reinstallation" click next, and in that list you should find the software, on mine it's Cyberlink YouCam.

Remember to create some recovery DVD's while you are in there, use Sony DVD+R or DVD-R.

Intern
TheBrad
Message 3 of 13 (21,427 Views)

Hello There,

While it does depend on the specific model that you have, most from recent models will either have a program called MediaSmart or a program called YouCam to use the webcam. I would search for those thru the search menu above your Windows pearl in the lower left hand corner of your screen if that does not work if you could retrieve the product number from your system by hitting the fn+esc key, I would be happy to get into greater detail if needed.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Student
zhunho
Message 4 of 13 (21,264 Views)

Hi, i just got my brand new Hp G72 laptop two days ago, ive been meaning to contact my mom in skype with my web cam but the little map that my computer came with you can see all the features on it the microphone and everything else in it, but my laptop has a built in spot for the webcam but you can not see it at all! Do you know what the problem is?

Honor Student
SandeepNM
Message 5 of 13 (21,037 Views)
Student
raymundoacedo
Message 6 of 13 (20,765 Views)

i have i problem with my webcam of my notebook gt72  my webcam doesnt turns on and it say that is not plgged in or it is not turned on and i dont know how to do that can you help me please¡

Top Student
Skoyuncu
Message 7 of 13 (20,635 Views)

hi;

I purchased my G72-B66 HP laptop 2 motnths ago. there is no icon on dektop for the webcam.

Click start/all programs.

Scroll until you see "cyberlink you cam" folder and click.

Click You cam.

Follow the instructions to register. then the software and the Web cam are ready to use.

Honor Student
SandeepNM
Message 8 of 13 (20,628 Views)

Hi,

Please open the device manager and check whether the Webcam is detected in Imaging Device(It will be enabled by default). Install the HP MediaSmart Webcam Software. If issue persist than you need to contact HP for support.

Download.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-77452-1

Student
agrijalva123
Message 9 of 13 (17,863 Views)

I have the hp G72 notebook pc (17.5 inch) and i installed youcam but it says i dont have a webcam plugged in though i have a camera built in. help?

Honor Student
SandeepNM
Message 10 of 13 (17,859 Views)

I hope you have checked the device manager for the device "Imaging devices" and it is detected. If the please refer the websoftware link given in previous reply and check if it prompts for any error message while installation.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation