Question

Top Student
Tracy_P
Message 1 of 4 (2,420 Views)

HP Image Zone for Windows 8?

I'll admit I have not thoroughly researched this (because I'm spending too much time researching how to solve Windows8 problems!):  Sounds like Image Zone is no longer supported and not available for Win7 or Win8... with no plans to offer it.  Is this correct?  If so, is there any way a former XP user can view old Image Zone projects (albums), or are they all gone at this point unless I can get my hands on an XP computer somewhere?  Such a shame; was a good program, and I created a lot of albums using that software.  HP just keeps losing points.

Associate Professor
VJ_R
Message 2 of 4 (2,413 Views)

Re: HP Image Zone for Windows 8?

Hi

I'm not sure if they have stopped the Software but i don't find any any updates on it.. But i found something that may be of a little help for you i'm guessing..

http://www.howtogeek.com/171395/how-to-get-windows-xp-mode-on-windows-8/

http://lifehacker.com/5965889/how-to-run-windows-xp-for-free-in-windows-8

Hope this helps.

***** Click the KUDOS Thumbs UP (Like) on the left to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Kudos"if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Top Student
Tracy_P
Message 3 of 4 (2,409 Views)

Thanks for the links, VJ.  I am new to the "virtual computer" scenario, and 2nd set of instrux scare me too much (lots of follow-up comments to fill in gaps).  But I may try the first one.  So it's like having both operating systems on my computer?  And I should be able to open XP programs again?  Appreciate the leads. 

My current plan was to find an XP computer for rent (some public place) or still owned by a friend, then print out the photo albums I'll lose with Windows 8.  I probably won't recreate them with another software, but at least my former efforts will have some legacy output.

Associate Professor
VJ_R
Message 4 of 4 (2,404 Views)

Yes it is like having to operating system runing on your computer and yes you will be able to use XP programs on it..

Take your time and see wat suits your needs and if you need any help update the forums we'll be glad to help you.:smileyhappy:

Hope this helps.

***** Click the KUDOS Thumbs UP (Like) on the left to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Kudos"if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation