Question

BZM Honor Student
Honor Student
BZM
Message 1 of 6 (12,692 Views)

HP Logo boot screen(Stuck!)

hello,

HP update told me to update my FlashBios, so i did and installed it, it shutdown the pc an after i re opened it, i got stuck in the HP logo boot screen, i tried everything, all of the buttons on my keyboard doesnt work at all, after pressing them alot, i get beeping sounds, and thats it, i even tried to boot my Windows 7 cd to format/reinstall wndows, no use, no improvment, i just get stuck in this screen. if anyone experienced this or has a solution, it would be great help :smileysad:

Top Student
rjoubert
Message 2 of 6 (12,681 Views)

Re: HP Logo boot screen(Stuck!)

i have exactly the same problem, after i tried to clean install windows 7. dv5-1080ei hangs at boot logo. removed the harddrive, and it would enter bios and complain about harddrive missing. tried hard reset, reseating memory, restoring bios settings to factory defaults, no luck so far. any suggestions will be appreciated.
Top Student
rjoubert
Message 3 of 6 (12,671 Views)

fixed! by updating the bios. however, this was not straightforward as i could not boot with harddrive connected, so i detached harddrive, boot into bios, exit without saving, which allowed boot from windows 7 dvd. launched command prompt, inserted dvd with latest bios update, and run manually. worked like a charm.

BZM Honor Student
Honor Student
BZM
Message 4 of 6 (12,638 Views)

thanks for information, i tried what you wrote but its no use, :smileytongue: but thanks anyway, what i did was go to HP service center, and they told me that the harddisk is damaged >_>(dunno how it happened, it was fine), anyways, i bought a new hardisk...but with a good price, not that expensive(bought with exchange off my old one), and i continued with windows 7 normally, ill NEVER ever download flash bios -.-...
Student
rodcom76
Message 5 of 6 (11,955 Views)

i have the same problem its the worse thing to do... and i dont knw what to do now... can u help pls...

Student
Antiviruskay
Message 6 of 6 (3,335 Views)

I just got this problem with my hp desktop. It gets stucked at the hp logo. When i disconnect the hard drive and the optical drive, it gets past the logo and asks for a bootable media. It perfectly boots from any usb device. The problem lies within the sata communication. When i deactivate the sata controller in the bios, it gets past the logo and stucks when i activate it. I tried using other sata hard drives and optical drives but still hangs at the hp logo. Is there something im missing? A little help will be appreciated. Thanks
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation