04-27-2011 07:00 PM
I have a Mini 1000, and i am selling it and want to wipe the drive. I have the original OS CD for WinXP SP3 that came with the Mini. I have found some tips for how to make a bootable flash drive, and i can get as far as booting to it and begining the Windows setup, but when i go to delete the main partiton (C), it tells me this is not allowed, as setup files are loaded on this drive.
I would love to just wipe the whole thing, and get this puppy refreshed.
Oh, another issue is i do not have a WinXP machine... just Win7. So i cannot copy any files to the flash-drives like some methods call for (like this one from tech Republic: http://www.techrepublic.com/article/solutionbase-b
Any body have any ideas? BTW, I do not want to buy an external CD drive, just to use it once!
Thanks for any tips
04-27-2011 07:32 PM
This guide may help:
|******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******|
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)