HP MediaSmart not compatible with Windows 7. (449 Views)
Honor Student
DeeAnn
Message 1 of 7 (449 Views)

HP MediaSmart not compatible with Windows 7.

I have a HP Pavilion dv4-1280us.  It came with Windows Vista and HP MediaSmart.  I loved it.  Since I am not computer literate, I installed Windows 7.  My HP MediaSmart is not compatible with it, including my TV tuner.  How can I go back to Vista or can I?  Help much appreciated

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 7 (407 Views)

Re: HP MediaSmart not compatible with Windows 7.

Hi,

Have you tried downloading and installing the Windows 7 versions of the MediaSmart software for your notebook.  They can be found under Software - Multimedia on the link below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4062&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3860...

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
DeeAnn
Message 3 of 7 (374 Views)

Thank you for your input.  I did try to download the HP MediaSmart and SmartMenu.  It did not work.  I printed out several pages of information and directions.  I am a little "burned out" from working on this.  I will not give up one way or the other.  Again, thank you.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 7 (363 Views)

Hi,

Try this method to see if you can install HP MediaSmart DVD.

Download the latest installer for MediaSmart DVD on the link below and save it to your Desktop.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50935.exe

If you don't have an extraction utility installed, download and install 7-Zip.  Right click the installer you download, select 7-Zip, select extract files and then click Ok.  Open the newly extracted folder, open src and scroll down until you see the setup application ( 6th from the bottom with a size of 310Kb ).  Right click this Setup Application and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When the installation has completed, restart the notebook.

Let me know if this works.

Best wishes,

DP-K

Top Student
Grlakers1
Message 5 of 7 (352 Views)

I also tried these methods and they didn't work I just ordered recovery disc from hp I guess I'm going back windows vista 64 bit but I'm not sure if all the media smart software is on the recovery disc
Provost
DavidPK
Message 6 of 7 (339 Views)

Hi,

If MediaSmart was originally on your notebook, it will be on the Recovery Discs you have ordered and will be installed along with Vista when you carry out the installation.

Regards,

DP-K

Honor Student
DeeAnn
Message 7 of 7 (324 Views)

I may have to end up ordering the recovery disc too.  I never know how complicated something could be.  I had a good thing with HP MediaSmart.  Especially my TV.  Oh well.  Good luck.  I appreciate all of the suggestions and tech assistance.

DeeAnn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation