Question

Student
JonRead72
Message 1 of 2 (556 Views)

HP Mini 110 (1110SA) - Cannot read Win7 Starter Product Key

Hi,

I rather stupidly did not write down my Win7 Starter product key when I got my netbook a few years ago. Then to add to my stupidity I put Win8 onto it, which removed the recovery partition and all hope of using any software to get the product key back.

Is there anything that can be done to help as I need to put Win7 Starter back onto the netbook as Win8 is not working on it :-( I don't really want to have to buy yet another license and Microsoft cannot or will not help depending on how you want to take a response saying only HP can help.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Jon
Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 2 (550 Views)

Re: HP Mini 110 (1110SA) - Cannot read Win7 Starter Product Key

[ Edited ]

Hi Jon,

If you created your Recovery Discs/usb flash drive, use this to reinstall Windows 7 starter - you will not be required to enter a activation key as this will be automatic via the license table on the bios chip and a security certificate embedded in the OS.  The procedure for using Recovery Media is detailed Here.

If you didn't create this media, you can order a replacement set starting on the link below.

Order HP Recovery Media.

If you have any problem with this link, see if you can order this directly from HP.

If you live in the UK, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation