Question

Honor Student
ThaiChip
Message 1 of 3 (1,718 Views)

HP Mini 110 How to Install OS

I purchased a HP Mini 110 in Thailand. I found no OS installed when I got home and no software included in the box. I created a Windows 7 Home Premier thumb drive installation. It booted OK started installing windows then stopped and seems to be asking for a driver. The message says "A required CD/DVD drive device is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk CD DVD or USB flash drive please insert it now".  I searched the HP drivers list and could find no packaged drivers. Can anyone help me get step by step on how to install the OS? Also this is my first PC purchased overseas (from US). Why no OS included? 

Thanks for any help

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 2 of 3 (1,660 Views)

Re: HP Mini 110 How to Install OS

Could the whole model number of the 110-?????? be included, please?  Some of those mini's had WinXP installed.  Unless someone returned the computer, it should have has some form of OS installed.

If it was me, I would try a Linux Live to see if the computer actually works OK before doing much else.  I have not tried a USB to run Linus Live but do some research or borrow an external CD/DVD drive to do Linux Live.  If everything seems to be OK, then use the borrowed CD/DVD to install Windows.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Student
heshmu
Message 3 of 3 (1,562 Views)

Re: HP Mini 110 How to Install OS

Hey can any1 guide me to get windows xp home edition em ulcpc for my hp mini 110. Actually, somehow accidently i lost my genuine os from my hp mini 110 but still i have it's licence number but unable to get this os. please can any1 provide me or try to help me.

Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation