10-01-2011 11:20 AM
I have an HP Mini 110-1012NR PC running Windows XP. When I turned it on, it stopped at the Windows Start sceen. The blue dots still move like it's booting up, but more slowly. When I tried it in Safe Mode, it gets stuck right after the "mup.sys" line. I've tried Roxio Instant Restore, and that program seems to work, but Windows still won't start. Diagnostics said the disk and memory were fine. I tried to get the recovery media on flash drive, but HP sent me a DVD, even though the netbook has no cd/dvd rom and I don't have an external drive to set it up with.
Nothing was wrong with it before, and I hadn't moved it from my home office in weeks before that, so I find it hard to believe that any hardware could've gotten dislodged.
What do I do?
10-01-2011 12:53 PM - edited 10-01-2011 12:54 PM
HP has sent a CD to fix the problem, my sugesstion is copy this CD to an USB stick otherwise you have to borrow an external CD/DVD drive to fix your machine. Other option is to ask HP send you the contents on an USB stick.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)