HP Mini 310 Missing Buttons Windows 7 (4918 Views)
Student
CJF077
Message 1 of 2 (4,918 Views)

HP Mini 310 Missing Buttons Windows 7

Hi All,

Just bought a new HP mini 310 netbook which is running Windows 7. Have a strange problem when say I go into MSN Messenger and click Tools, and Options to change the settings, I cannot see the Ok, Cancel,  etc buttons down the bottom. Don't even know how to scroll down to see them. Appears to be happening with a few other applications which I require to click down below to save settings etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks 

Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 2 (4,904 Views)

Re: HP Mini 310 Missing Buttons Windows 7

Most netbooks & mini's have a screen size 1024x576, and historically software developer have been assuming PC will have at least 800x600 so designed large dialog boxes that now go beyond the screen size (the buttons are still there, you just can't get to them).

I would try first run Windows Update, just to see if there is an update that solves this problem.

Other Suggestions:

1. Right mouse click on desktop and select "Screen Resolution", then click the "Resolution" drop down and see if there are any higher resolution available. if not

2. goto "Advance Settings", click "Adaptor", and then "List All Models", see if there is a higher resolution available (looking for at least 600 lines, like 1024x600), if nothing more than 576, then try

3. Right mouse click on desktop and select "personalize", then "display", select "Smaller" - this makes the font smaller so more can fit on the screen - but probably already at "smaller", that is the default.

4. the last thing is use a external monitor, when have to use these large dialog boxes.

Note: on WIndows XP, you maybe able to "pan" the screen (basically move the screen around to see the larger area), this feature doesn't seem to be available in WIndows 7.

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation