Question

Honor Student
shaun823
Message 1 of 3 (2,163 Views)

HP Notebook will not add Lexmark printer. PLEASE HELP!

[ Edited ]

Hello,

So here's the issue.... I have a  3 computer at home, all networked. One gateway laptop and a dell workstation running Windows 7 Professional, and one HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook running Window 7 Home Premium.

I recently added a Lexmark x7675 All-inOne printer to the network. The drivers work great on the Dell and Gateway computers but I cannot get them to run on my HP laptop. Even though the disk provided works on the other two systems running Win7, I still went to Lexmark's website and downloaded the latest driver for Window7 Home 64-Bit. Still no luck.

First I'd get an error that states I need Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 to use the printer. So I finally tracked that down and it still didn't work. Currently all the systems have .NET Framework 3.5.1 which works fine on the other systems.

At one point I was able to at least use the scan function (but not print), but since I've reinstalled the driver, I can't even do that. I've tried connecting wirelessly, USB, and even through another computer but nothing works. My laptop simply doesn't like the drivers and I have no idea why? So now I just have a printer ICON with the yellow triangle on it and I can't do anything with the printer from my laptop.

Is there anything that anyone out there can think of that is different about the HP laptop -OR- Windows 7 Home 64-Bit, versus the 32-bit O/S that would give me this problem. Again, the printer works fine with the other systems.

Also, when I try to use the add printer function and search for the driver (on Lexmark CD and updated download) it is searching for a .inf file. All of the driver file extentions are .dll

I think that's all the info I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Shaun

Intern
oldschooltech
Message 2 of 3 (2,121 Views)

Re: HP Notebook will not add Lexmark printer. PLEASE HELP!

[ Edited ]

I've seen this before but don't completely recall the solution.  :-/

I seem to remember something about the Lexmark software being sort of... well, stupid.  It's not looking for ".net 2.0 or later", it's looking for version 2.0 *exactly*.  As to why it worked fine with the other computers, I readily admit that I have no clue.

Your best bet, honestly, is to contact Lexmark about this, as the problem is encountered when trying to install their software.  Yes, I realize that the problem is only showing up when you install it on the HP - but it's the printer manufacturer's responsibility to make sure their driver installs on all computers.

Hope this helps.
Student
ljeaton3
Message 3 of 3 (2,044 Views)

Re: HP Notebook will not add Lexmark printer. PLEASE HELP!

hello ... i got the answer to the problem!!! After running into the same problem on my HP windows 7x64 home edition. I had to remove the apps, then add it back. But this time run the lexmark wizard. go to all programs - laxmark 7600 - tool - wireless wizard. It will walk you though the install.

you going to need you cd, your printer usb cable to set it up but it works

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation