Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Thanks a lot Matinsos, blacklisting wmi solved the WiFi issue, however I still have small problem with the window key , sometime it will not work until I shutdown the pc and reboot it again , do u have the same issue ?
HP Recommended

I am not sure what are you using window key for, what does it mean it is nor working? I do not really use it for anything so I have not noticed that something is wrong.

Update on wifi: it is actually enough to blacklist acer-wmi instead of wmi, it will fix wifi problems and fn + f12 will still work.

HP Recommended

Bump: I got answer that HP will not support controlling of keyboard lighting on the Linux, which I understand.

However, I was hoping I could at least get some information about it, so I could try to implement something on my own.

I noticed that when I go to windows, set the lighting (colors and so on) and go to linux, it is preserved. So obviously the configuration is stored somewhere where it can be read by both OS-s. I am wondering where is that, and what is the format of it? Is it in UEFI, or maybe a special keyboard memory?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Bump again: guys from HP, is there any way to get some information from you on how to implement keyboard lighting control in Linux?

I am not asking for any kind of active support, just some information about how does keyboard work and how could we control it from Linux.

I love Omen, but it sucks that Linux users are ignored: I still did not get an answer to this question except for the information that you will not implement HP Omen Control for Linux and that is totally fine, but it is not answer to my question.

HP Recommended
hmm since that MBP disaster yesterday i was looking for an alternative. See'ing how you treat your linux customers, even tho they offered to do your work for you, guess i was looking in the wrong place. regards, Marcel
HP Recommended

Bump. It would be nice if HP would at least acknowledge that there are people here, even if they don't have any recommendations. Simply ignoring us is just bad behavior.

HP Recommended

@ITSystems wrote:

Bump. It would be nice if HP would at least acknowledge that there are people here, even if they don't have any recommendations. Simply ignoring us is just bad behavior.

I'm sure you realize this is a Volunteer based, peer-to-peer Forum.

HP maintains no "official" presence here, though a few CSR's pop in on their own time.

Many times, if a thread goes unanswered, none of us know the answer!   😞

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Capture.PNG

That's simply untrue. Users with the label "HP Support" provided official support all the time. They have a regular presense in these discussion boards, as you will see in one of the thousands of posts like the one above.

HP Recommended

Sadly Hp indeed stores the keyboard somewhere outside of the Windows Environment ...

So THEY MUST know - as HP - DESIGNED the SOFTWARE!!!!!!!

SAo they are JUST TOTALLY IGNORING LINUX USERS!   SADLY!!!!

HP Recommended

And they even redirected my last post (though saved it) to a different page - unrelated - UNBELIEVABLE!

There is a redirect option back to the message - so My BAD - BUT still

NO Hp Control Center of ANY KIND FOR LINUX - SO SADLY

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.