HP PAVILLION DV7-1245DX UPGRADE FROM VISTA 64 BIT TO WINDOW 7 (17193 Views)
Tutor
GOSSIPSAIGON
Message 1 of 43 (17,193 Views)

HP PAVILLION DV7-1245DX UPGRADE FROM VISTA 64 BIT TO WINDOW 7

Hi everyone,

I was trying to upgrade to Window 7 and I received the below message.  Could you guys please advise me what to do?  Thanks in advance!!!!!

Upgrading Windows will affect the following devices and/or programs:

These devices might not work properly after the upgrade. Before upgrading, we recommend updating the drivers for these devices. Cancel the upgrade, open Control Panel and search for "update device drivers", or go to the device manufacturer's website to search for updated drivers.
  •  

• Keyboard Filter
    These programs might not work properly after the upgrade. We recommend uninstalling these programs before upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, open Control Panel, and search for "uninstall a program". (Note: Programs marked as * can be safely reinstalled after the upgrade.)
  •  

• ATI CATALYST Install Manager *  
    • ATI Catalyst Control Center *  
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 43 (17,179 Views)

Re: HP PAVILLION DV7-1245DX UPGRADE FROM VISTA 64 BIT TO WINDOW 7

Hi,

Before You will do anything check first this HP document:

Upgrading to Windows 7

There are all important informations which You will need to know and which You will need to do before upgrade.

Drivers to Windows 7 for Your model are avaible here.You will need HP Quick Lunch Buttons for Win7 too. You can download it from here.

Download this drivers before upgrading somewhere on Your HDD.

If You are planing clean installation then copy them on DVD, external HDD or flash drive.

Uninstall from Windows Vista: HP Quick Lunch Buttons, HP MediaSmart DVD (Version 2.0 of this program don't work under Win7 and can be uninstalled only under Vista.You will install after upgrading 3.0 version.), ATI Catalyst and ATI Control Center. If You don't know how to do it check document below:

How to uninstall program in Vista

Start Your upgrade again.

CAUTION: Before installing Windows 7, back up important files and make sure you have HP System Recovery discs!

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Tutor
GOSSIPSAIGON
Message 3 of 43 (17,111 Views)

Thanks for you advice, the upgrade went very smooth.  I have a question, where can I download HP Media Smart DVD version 3?  Thanks

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 4 of 43 (17,115 Views)

Daniel_Potyrala wrote:

Drivers to Windows 7 for Your model are avaible here.

Choose there Your win7 system version and it will be in section Software - Multimedia:

HP MediaSmart DVD Software  09-2009    3.0 C    -    62.98M

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Tutor
GOSSIPSAIGON
Message 5 of 43 (17,090 Views)

When I update the driver, do I need to uninstall the old driver first or can I just select the update option?
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 6 of 43 (17,086 Views)

Which driver You are trying to update?

Tutor
GOSSIPSAIGON
Message 7 of 43 (17,076 Views)

Since I just upgraded to WINDOW 7, I plan to update all the drivers.  Do you think I should update the BIOS as well?  My current version is F48.  Thanks

Tutor
GOSSIPSAIGON
Message 8 of 43 (17,067 Views)

I was trying to install HP MediaSmart DVD version 3.0c and I got the below error message.

Errors applying transform.  Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.

c:\HP\tmp\src\1033.mst

Thanks

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 9 of 43 (17,022 Views)

[ Edited ]

A

Ploblem with HP MediaSmart DVD:

Check is there still in Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs on the list HP MediaSmart DVD if yes uninstall it.

Download, install, and then run the Windows Installer
CleanUp utility to remove the Windows Installer registry settings associated
with your products installation.

Windows Installer CleanUp here

All informations about this program You will find here.

When You will run this program find there again HP MediaSmart DVD and remove it.

Try to install 3.0 version after this steps.

B

Drivers:

You should install all this updated drivers which are prepared for You here.

You will need HP Quick Lunch Buttons for Win7 too.

Before updating any driver uninstall older version first.

C

Bios:

Caution! Read whole text before You will do anything, please!

There is update for Your Bios here. (ver F.49)

Enhancements: Updates the Computrace OPROM to support the next generation of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.

Daniel_Potyrala wrote:

Hi,

Before You will do anything check first this HP document:

Upgrading to Windows 7

There are all important informations which You will need to know and which You will need to do before upgrade.

In this document which I wrote to You in first post with note important there is a step before upgrading to Win7.

Preparing the computer for Windows 7
Use the steps in this section to prepare your computer for Windows 7.
Step 1: Updating the BIOS
Use the following steps to update the BIOS to avoid installation problems.
  1. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F10
    key repeatedly until a BIOS Setup Utility screen opens. Some computers use F1 instead of F10.
  2. Write down the BIOS revision number from the main page (not from the bottom of the screen).
  3. Go to the HP Customer Care Web site (http://www.hp.com/support), select Software and Drivers, and enter your PC model number to find software and driver updates for your computer.
  4. If a BIOS update is available that has a higher revision number,
    download and install it following the instructions on the Web site.
For more information about updating the BIOS, see Updating the BIOS

I'm not sure how it will work under Win7. There is a note then it will work under this system too, but updating Bios is always risky. So I won't suggest You this update. If You want to do it, do it on Your own risk. Why? Because updating Bios is always risky. I don't have for now experience with this kind of update under Win7. Sorry.

How to update Bios?

Plug You ac adapter to the computer.

Disconnect from the internet. Switch off any antivirus and firewalls.

Then execute the Bios Update exe. It may take some time. Its gonna show the installed version and the updated version. Don't switch off Your laptop, don't disconnect ac and don't do anything on it when this update is running.

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 10-27-2009 07:58 PM

Intern
ChuckC1812
Message 10 of 43 (16,981 Views)

Re: HP PAVILLION DV7-1245DX UPGRADE FROM VISTA 64 BIT TO WINDOW 7 (also TouchSmart systems as well)

I have the same problem, (Error applying transforms.  Verify that he specified trnsform paths are valid.  c:\hptmp\src\1033.mst), with a IQ826t TouchSmart computer.  Does anyone have any ideas?  The Windows Installer Cleanup Tool didn't work because the MediaSmart DVD software doesn't show up in the tool or in Programs and Features in the Control Panel.  Any ideas of what to do next? 
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation