Question

Tutor
Avreliy2309
Message 1 of 5 (2,018 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Pavilion 1125er: how to install Windows XP Professional

Please, help!  During istallation Windows XP SP3 Professional (+SATA RAID drivers) the follow message appears:
"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHHDSK /F to check corruption, and then restart your computer.
Technical Information
*** STOP: 0x00000076 (0xF78DE524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x0000000)".
Notebook is new, nothing was not changed, there are no viruses, newly installed hard drives or hard controllers.

Top Student
Slow_response
Message 2 of 5 (1,999 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion 1125er: how to install Windows XP Professional

I presume you have Vista Installed in your notebook.

Leave the preinstalled VISTA as it is. Install XP pro on a separate partition.

There are many sites to guide you on dual boot option. But as already pointed out by Cherry in this forum, the new notebook may not support XP drivers.

You can try following link for step by step guide

http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_vista_and_xp_with_vista_installed_first__the_stepbystep_guide.htm

Tutor
Avreliy2309
Message 3 of 5 (1,995 Views)

There is really Vista in my notebook. I have tried to install XP on a separate partition without getting results. I think I should integrate SATA-drivers in XP by myself (formely I used "ready-made" XP with SATA-drivers integrated). As I know XP-drivers are supported by the notebook. If there is a neccessity - I will post here all links I have found. P.S.: I am sorry for my English, my thoughts may be not clear enough. Thank you very much!!!

Tutor
Avreliy2309
Message 4 of 5 (2,014 Views)

Well, the problem really was in SATA-drivers. Now all is ok.
Tutor
Avreliy2309
Message 5 of 5 (1,919 Views)

There are all available neccessary drivers for XP in the Internet.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation