Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi. I need To know More details and Driver for my Laptop.

I Checked in BIOS i got this details

Notebook Model: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

Product Number: F9U44EA#ABV

Bios Version: F.42

Bios Vender : Insyde

=====================================================

In Device manager  3 Drivers are not Installed.

1) PCI Device

2) Unknow device  ( ACPI\HPQ6007\3&11583659&1  )

3) Unknow Device  ( ACPI\HPQ6001\3&11583659&1  )

I want to Know what are these device name so i can download driver for them.

Graphic Problem:

I have install Intel HD Driver and Nvidia Driver. But I see Dedicated Video and System Video Memory 0.

But Total Avaiable Graphics Memory is 1792MB

Graphic Card Details:

Intel HD Graphis 4400

Nvidia Geforce GT 740M

When i Try to install Counter Strike 1.6 It says u have too low shared Memory to install.  CS 1.6 is very Old game. It run even in Very OLD PC.

SO anyone can Help me to Fix my problem? Do i need to Upgrade anything to fix my problem?

Thanks in Advance.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks... All  Drivers installed.

IN Display Adapters

I can see

Inter(R) HD Graphis Family

Nvidia Geforce GT 740M

IN Driver Lists i see new version of BIOS. Should i Ugrade to new BIOS version? Upgrading BIOS is hard? I never Upgrade BIOS so i feel afraid to upgrade BIOS.

NOw last problem is why  i have Dedicated and system Video Memory 0MB. I can't play or install even old games.

HP Recommended
Hi

Read this for BIOS update concern you're having:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00007682

I suggest, just as so many Experts here do, that DO NOT UPDATE BIOS unless there's some faults you've to rectify in your machine or new BIOS update would resolve any issues you're having at present.

Right click the nvidia from Display adapter, click Properties & check if the device it working properly.
Download & run CPU Z tool (search in google), and check of both the graphics drivers are active.

HP Recommended

Device is  working properly

I installed CPU z tool and took two screenshot of each graphic card details

intel.png

Nvidia.png

HP Recommended

Hi

I suggest you try uninstall the current NVIDIA driver from Display adapter - Device Manager , then install the below latest driver & check again after restarting the system.

Latest version - NVIDIA Graphics Driver

If on installing the above version causes any freezes or black screen flashes while playing games, try installing the Previous versions

Then, Plug in AC adapter , change the  Power option to "High Performance" by right clicking the Battery icon in the System Tray.

Then, try playing the game.

Also,check DXDIAG tool - to check (if you can) see the Display & Render Tab , you'll be able to see NVIDIA & Intel graphic memory usage there.

Note: You have to install latest DirectX for viewing both the Dispay & Render tabs.

In my laptop with both Intel & NVIDIA graphic system, its like this:

Regards

Visruth

HP Recommended

i dont have render tab in dxdiag

HP Recommended

Could you post the screenshot of:

Press the WinKey+R to display the Run dialog.
Type msinfo32 in the Open box and click OK.
Expand the Components menu and click the Display item.
Check if you can see both Intel & NVIDIA
Look at the Adapter RAM line to see the memory for the graphics card - both Intel & NVIDIA.
HP Recommended

Here is the screenshot

display.png

HP Recommended
There's no problem I could make out. I think your both Intel & NVIDIA are alright.
Update the drivers. Thats all you have to do.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.