11-20-2013 09:15 PM
I recently updated my HP Pavilion 15-e001ax from windows 8 to windows 8.1. The light on the wireless button (f12) remains white even if i switch it on or off. I updated my wireless driver and wireless button driver but in no vain, The button works perfectly but the light diesn't change.
The SoftPaq numbers of the drivers are sp63752 - HP Wireless Button Driver and sp64082 - Ralink 802.11 Wireless LAN Driver. Please help me with the problem.
06-27-2014 02:17 PM
Finally found the solution after 3 weeks. Tried and manupulated all drivers and NIC lan card of my hp laptop dv6 7011tx.
UNINSTALL HP Quick Launch which caused the whole lot of problems and do the following
- Shut down laptop
- Remove power cable & battery
- Press power switch for 30 sec
- Attach power
- Power up laptop without battery
- Switch on wifi ---it works
- Now switch on the laptop with battery
HP quick launch describes itself as "
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)