Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-p253nu
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

Last week I bought HP Pavilion 15-p253nu. It's an awesome machine, but when I searched for drivers, I found only for Windows 8.1 x64. I want to use Windows 7 x64 and I cannot find drivers for this machine.

I can post the hardware prints for each missing driver, but this laptop is with Beats Audio speakers. Is there any driver for audio with Beats Audio software? Also, I will be very thankful if someone from the support helps me with the drivers.

The missing drivers are:

1. HP 3D Driveguard

2. HP Beats Audio

3. Bluetooth

4. Intel Graphics

5. Network

5.1. Lan

5.2. Wireless

6. Nvidia Graphics

7. Intel Rapid Storage

8. Card reader

9. Touchpad

10. Wireless button

All these are from the list for Win 8.1

Many, many thanks in advance for the help!

P.S. Sorry for my english, I'm a bulgarian. 😜

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try the W7 x64 drivers and software from the 15t-p000, except the BIOS and Firmware files.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-p000-Notebook-PC-series/6936226/model/7174371/dri...

The wireless button driver is N/A for Windows 7.  You only need that for W8/8.1.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try the W7 x64 drivers and software from the 15t-p000, except the BIOS and Firmware files.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-p000-Notebook-PC-series/6936226/model/7174371/dri...

The wireless button driver is N/A for Windows 7.  You only need that for W8/8.1.

HP Recommended

Thanks, Paul! I will try them in a few days and will post if they work properly! 🙂

Best regards, Ivo

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Ivo.

HP Recommended

Hi, I just installed Win 7 x64 and tried the drivers for my laptop.

But I have 1 device that I cannot find working driver. Here are the hardware print:

IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_9CB1

Please help me for it!

Many thanks in advance! 🙂

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Paul, you're genius! 🙂

Last one question:

After installing the Synaptics Touchpad driver, I reboot. And the driver crashes and the touchpad is unrecgnized device in Device manager.

Here is the hardware print:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CA2&SUBSYS_2296103C&REV_03

SOLVED: SP1 fixed the problem and saved the day, everything works perfect! Paul, you have many beers from me! 🙂

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Yes, before I install any drivers, if I am installing a Windows operating system that does not include the latest SP, I install the latest service pack first before installing any drivers.

There are some drivers that absolutely won't work on some PC's until the latest SP is installed.

HP Recommended

Hello,

This topic helped me a lot with my HP Pavilion 15-p253nu and the x64 Windows 7.

However, I have some other issues and I hope you will help me solve them:

1) I am trying to install Nvidia drivers (355.60-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql) but the installation fails at the beginning with the following message "You must install an Intel driver first". Where can I find this driver?

2) The function buttons are not working - I can not adjust the screen brightness (F2, F3) nor the volume (F6,F7,F8) nor the playback (F9,F10,F11). What could be the reason?

Thank you in advance for your swift reaction and please excuse my poor English.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Please see if this graphics driver works...

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

File name: sp68942.exe

The brightness keys won't work until you get the graphics drivers installed.

Then you need this software for the rest of the Fn keys...

This package contains the HP System Event Utility, which enables special function keys on supported notebook models to be programmed. For example, HP System Event Utility enables users to press the Fn+ESC keys to view system information. This software works with the supported operating systems.

File name: sp71716.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.