Question

Honor Student
Ravneet12
Message 1 of 2 (16,173 Views)

HP Pavilion DV600 Driver

Hi,

I recently had a virus on my Laptop, and I saved all my Files and re-installed windows 7 as an operating system. I previously had Windows 7 running on the laptop too. Now i can't really use anything on the laptop because there are no drivers. I've tried downloading them, but it still doesn't seem to work properly. Does anyone know where I can maybe take my laptop in to get checked out (Sydney, Australia) or who I can contact to provide me with details on how to get all the drivers and get this thing working again!

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 2 (16,123 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion DV600 Driver

Lots of questions to ask : First off I need your full model number, what is it ?

Number.PNG

Was Windows 7 originally installed on the laptop when you bought the computer ? If so why not reinstall the OS with the recovery partition. Start tapping the f11 key on boot up. OR have you deleted the recovery partition ?

If you have no recovery partition then what drivers do you need, what is not working properly, specifically ? Are you able to boot to the desk top or does it even get there ?

Do you need the drivers for your video card, card reader, touch pad etc. ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation