HP Pavilion DV7-1110ED (276 Views)
Intern
opelagila
Message 1 of 20 (276 Views)

HP Pavilion DV7-1110ED

Hallo

just today while watche a video suddenly the system broke down and started to recover the boot harddisk up to 100 %,

normally after that a pop-up shows to choose for start in safety mode or windows normally.

but this pop-up never shows up and the LED was black.

I go for assistance to the problems and help site  from HP and tries several options but stil no results even trying an external connection to a separate screen.

who does have an advise

Distinguished Professor
AxshunJaxun
Message 2 of 20 (247 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion DV7-1110ED

Hey opelagila, 

I'm sorry you're running into this no boot issue. Just to clarify, does your computer turn on and show any signs of life? Do you hear or feel fans/drives spinning? See any lights blinking, specifically the Caps/Num Lock lights? If you see the Caps/Num Lock lights blinking, it could be a sign of hardware failure. Let me know if there is any pattern to the blinking (1blink on and off or 2, 3, or 4 blinks and a pause). 

Does the light next to the AC Adapter come on? No matter what the state of the rest of the computer is, if the AC Adapter is good, that light should come on. See the picture below (It may not look exactly like your model but similar).

G56ACadapter light.jpg

Intern
opelagila
Message 3 of 20 (235 Views)

Hey Axshun Jaxun,

thanks for your assist,

boot lights are normal NO blinking, only Numlock lights up, and AC adapter light at Notbook light up when turned ON.

In my opinion is everything hardware working properly.

Does this help you?

John

Distinguished Professor
AxshunJaxun
Message 4 of 20 (229 Views)

Yes! Thanks for that information :smileyhappy:  You don't see any blinking lines (blinking white cursor) at the top left of the screen either, right? Do you see a very dim/faint image at all (Try using a flashlight)?

Ok so there are a few things you can try: 

First, a Hard Rest - this drains all of the electricity and gives the computer a clean boot state. It does not affect your files

1. Shutdown

2. Unplug the AC Adapter, remove the battery and all peripherals

3. Hold the Power button down for 10 seconds (you won't see anything but this is draining the electricity from the unit)

4. Release the Power button and plug the AC Adapter and battery back in

5. Power on and see if it will show an image on the screen

If not, move on to plugging in an external monitor 

Second, attach an external monitor or TV, if you have one. If you have one, let me know if you see any image on that screen.

If you don't have an external monitor or if you still don't see an image after attaching a second monitor:  Reseat the RAM

1. Unplug the AC Adapter and remove the battery

2. Open the RAM cover and remove both sticks if you have two. 

3. Try each stick one at a time in each slot.

4. Check the RAM cover. If it has a vent on it, clean it to remove any dust that may be coming in contact with the RAM.

Let me know the results of those steps. It could be that the display has gone bad but given the events leading up to this point, it seems like software.

Intern
opelagila
Message 5 of 20 (221 Views)

Axshun Jaxun,

I already did all the things you suggest.

I only can work with the Laptop ( Black screen)  with external monitor. in save modus. When i start windows in normal mode

after the start screen shows up and i tried to go on with other commands the systems crashes and blue screen minidump comes at screen to protect dammage to windows software.

So let me know what we san do more.???

Distinguished Professor
AxshunJaxun
Message 6 of 20 (217 Views)

Well that is good news actually. It's looking less like a hardware issue and more like a software issue. It sounds like a graphics driver may be corrupt. Do you have Windows Vista or 7?

1. Go into Safe Mode with Networking

2. Download and install this driver

AMD Driver version 8.632.3.0 - Windows Vista/7

3. Restart when prompted. 

4. Test the notebook's internal screen. If it still doesn't come on, download the latest BIOS version as well.

BIOS version F.49 - Windows Vista/7

5. Test the notebook's internal screen again. Let me know the results when you get a chance :smileyhappy:

Intern
opelagila
Message 7 of 20 (214 Views)

I already downloaded Bios version F.49 and AMD Driver version 8.632.3.0 - Windows Vista/7 but the results are not good because black screen is not solved. sorry....
Distinguished Professor
AxshunJaxun
Message 8 of 20 (213 Views)

Ok I see. So does the laptop screen work at all? On Safe Mode? Or is it just the external monitor that works on  Safe Mode? 

Does the laptop's internal screen ever show any image on it? If not, it may be a disconnected video cable, bad video cable or bad LCD panel. 

Intern
opelagila
Message 9 of 20 (210 Views)

Laptop is working good in save mode via external monitor, when i switch to normal mode by external monitor the system will break down. when i try after windows start up to go to other action whatever a pop up shows screendrivers failure and is repaired but nevertheless the screen gets horizontal stripes and sometimes later windows shut off and blue screen appears. after 100% reset windows start again in normal mode and so and so on... that is my practice right now.
Intern
opelagila
Message 10 of 20 (210 Views)

Whta you tell me in second row is that thaere could be some problem with the extarnal monitor or cable could be right and i will go to my friend to connect my laptop to his other LED monitor newer type and with other cable.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation