06-14-2013 01:04 PM
just today while watche a video suddenly the system broke down and started to recover the boot harddisk up to 100 %,
normally after that a pop-up shows to choose for start in safety mode or windows normally.
but this pop-up never shows up and the LED was black.
I go for assistance to the problems and help site from HP and tries several options but stil no results even trying an external connection to a separate screen.
who does have an advise
06-25-2013 04:05 PM
I'm sorry you're running into this no boot issue. Just to clarify, does your computer turn on and show any signs of life? Do you hear or feel fans/drives spinning? See any lights blinking, specifically the Caps/Num Lock lights? If you see the Caps/Num Lock lights blinking, it could be a sign of hardware failure. Let me know if there is any pattern to the blinking (1blink on and off or 2, 3, or 4 blinks and a pause).
Does the light next to the AC Adapter come on? No matter what the state of the rest of the computer is, if the AC Adapter is good, that light should come on. See the picture below (It may not look exactly like your model but similar).
06-26-2013 09:41 AM
Hey Axshun Jaxun,
thanks for your assist,
boot lights are normal NO blinking, only Numlock lights up, and AC adapter light at Notbook light up when turned ON.
In my opinion is everything hardware working properly.
Does this help you?
06-26-2013 11:46 AM
Yes! Thanks for that information You don't see any blinking lines (blinking white cursor) at the top left of the screen either, right? Do you see a very dim/faint image at all (Try using a flashlight)?
Ok so there are a few things you can try:
First, a Hard Rest - this drains all of the electricity and gives the computer a clean boot state. It does not affect your files
2. Unplug the AC Adapter, remove the battery and all peripherals
3. Hold the Power button down for 10 seconds (you won't see anything but this is draining the electricity from the unit)
4. Release the Power button and plug the AC Adapter and battery back in
5. Power on and see if it will show an image on the screen
If not, move on to plugging in an external monitor
Second, attach an external monitor or TV, if you have one. If you have one, let me know if you see any image on that screen.
If you don't have an external monitor or if you still don't see an image after attaching a second monitor: Reseat the RAM
1. Unplug the AC Adapter and remove the battery
2. Open the RAM cover and remove both sticks if you have two.
3. Try each stick one at a time in each slot.
4. Check the RAM cover. If it has a vent on it, clean it to remove any dust that may be coming in contact with the RAM.
Let me know the results of those steps. It could be that the display has gone bad but given the events leading up to this point, it seems like software.
06-27-2013 08:29 AM
I already did all the things you suggest.
I only can work with the Laptop ( Black screen) with external monitor. in save modus. When i start windows in normal mode
after the start screen shows up and i tried to go on with other commands the systems crashes and blue screen minidump comes at screen to protect dammage to windows software.
So let me know what we san do more.???
06-27-2013 10:14 AM
Well that is good news actually. It's looking less like a hardware issue and more like a software issue. It sounds like a graphics driver may be corrupt. Do you have Windows Vista or 7?
1. Go into Safe Mode with Networking
2. Download and install this driver
3. Restart when prompted.
4. Test the notebook's internal screen. If it still doesn't come on, download the latest BIOS version as well.
5. Test the notebook's internal screen again. Let me know the results when you get a chance
06-27-2013 10:46 AM
Ok I see. So does the laptop screen work at all? On Safe Mode? Or is it just the external monitor that works on Safe Mode?
Does the laptop's internal screen ever show any image on it? If not, it may be a disconnected video cable, bad video cable or bad LCD panel.
06-27-2013 11:27 AM
06-27-2013 11:29 AM