Question

Honor Student
Aldoz
Message 1 of 11 (21,045 Views)

HP Pavilion DV7- Problem HELP

[ Edited ]
 I had windows vista home premium on my hp pavilion dv7-1245dx and I change to windows vista ultimate , everything is fine i download all the drivers and all of them work but there is a problem with the sensor like when you press the speaker button i can heard the sound but the light that tells me if the speaker is on mute does not change from color becuase when you press the button it works fine but the light does not change it color from orange to white and the samething happens with the wireless a press the wireless button and it works right i can connect to any wireless but when i press the button wireless button does not change color to tell me the wirelesss is on does someone know how to fix this????????????????????????
Message Edited by Aldoz on 05-30-2009 03:18 AM
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 11 (21,015 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion DV7- Problem HELP

Hi,

Install HP Quick Launch Buttons here

If that will not help then update Your Bios here.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Honor Student
arturgrigor
Message 3 of 11 (20,933 Views)

Hello,

I have a problem just like Aldoz's problem, the one with wireless card but the only difference is that I have a Pavilion dv7-1205eg.

When I got my laptop I had Windows Vista Home Premium installed but in Deutsche language so I've upgraded to Windows Vista Ultimate to have more than 1 display language.

Besides the problem with wireless card I also have some problems with HP Mobile Remote Control, the only working keys are: Shutdown, DVD, MediaSmart, External Display and Windows Media Center (First row with keys).

For the wireless problem I have tried the following solutions:

• Flashing BIOS (Upgrade from F.41 to F.46) - Unsuccessfull
  • Installing HP Wireless Assistant (From another Pavilion product because my product dv7-1205eg doesn't have this application in Software & Driver downloads). - Unsuccessfull
    • I tried HP Wireless Assistant because on Windows Vista Home Premium it was pre-installed.
  • Installing HP Quick Launch Buttons - Unsuccessfull

NOTE: Wireless status led is always orange.

Got any ideas how can I solve this issues?

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 4 of 11 (20,956 Views)

@arturgrigor,

This may  be a problem because of the wrong wireless driver. Some people reported then they have Broadcom driver on HP site for their model by a mistake. Whe they installed this driver orange light appeared on wireless.

Solution was installing atheros drivers which You can find here.

If that will not help try something like this:

Go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Devices Manager

Click with right button of Your mouse on each yellow sign and choose properties. Then go to bottom details and paste here device id. This way we will know what it is.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Honor Student
arturgrigor
Message 5 of 11 (20,905 Views)

Hello Daniel,

I have found the solution just before you've posted this message.

As you said, HP made a mistake on that drivers list. They told me that I have a Broadcom wireless adapter but I have a Atheros one. Once again, thanks to Windows Vista and his Solutions Software.

Everything is okay but my Remote Control now doesn't work at all. Earlier it worked only Application Launcher buttons and now none of them works.

Two things I need to mention:

• I have installed ENE CIR (Infrared driver) which also installed a HID-compliant device driver + Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver.
  • Battery is almost full (I've played with this remote only one hour).

Doesn't this remote control come with a driver? A infrared one? Or maybe it comes with a multimedia software, but I also tried to re-install MediaSmart MVP. 

I have tried to remove ENE CIR to see what happens and but I wasn't surprised, nothing happened.  

Please help me! 

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 6 of 11 (20,921 Views)

[ Edited ]

Uninstall software for Ene Cir which You've got there and try to install one of these:

HP ENE CIR Receiver Driver ver 2.7.2.0 Rev.A here

HP ENE CIR Receiver Driver ver 2.6.0.0 Rev.A here

Intel ENE CIR Receiver Driver ver 1.3.306.0 here

HP ENE CIR Receiver Driver ver 2.5.0.0 A for dv7-1200 here

One of this drivers should work for You.

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 06-09-2009 12:01 AM

Student
Cherylritter81
Message 7 of 11 (13,607 Views)

Hey all, I have a HP pavilion DV7 as well, my light works just fine but my wireless isnt working at all, this just started yesterday and I have no clue as to what to do about it, can someone please help me??

Student
Taylor750
Message 8 of 11 (10,301 Views)

I have an HP Pavilion DV7 that I have changed the battery on and now I have a power issue.  Now it will not charge at all.  The battery is only a few months old but I can not get my system to hold a charge with or without the batter or power adapter.  Need help in troubleshooting this matter.  I've tried plugging the computer in only with the power adapter; nothing works.  I'm out of ideas except for throwing it against a wall.  Help.

Student
Message 9 of 11 (9,065 Views)

Hi.

i have a big problem, my laptop: Hp pavilion dv7. do not conect to my wireless lan

i had windows 7 home premium 64 bit, i upgrade to windows 7 professional 32 bit (is that a problem)??....

but now i install everything from: www.hp.com (software/drivers) it still not working.. !!!

i can conect with a cable, but not WIRELESS (even i press on troubleshoot.. still the same) !!

i show you a pic from.. dutch language:

Naamloos.png

can anyone help please ?? !!!

Student
azadeli
Message 10 of 11 (8,281 Views)

wireless button/switch always stays off (amber color )?

i had this problem with pavilion dv7-1240

i spend 1 week to figure it out

i tried many things

what i found  is WRONG WIRELESS DRIVER

HP gives you wrong driver

On HP website says my wireless driver is Broadcom

WRONG

when i serarch my hardwares with Hardware Helper

my wireless card is Atheros Wireless

if you install the right driver and than start your computer again problem will be solved

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation