04-07-2012 08:48 AM
I have purchased 2 HP Pavilion G series from local vendor for using my work as RF engineer, then all the equipment need to have recommended OS which is Xp, i have tried more than 4 times to format my computer to xp but it fails and prompts me a death blue screen, i have tried to change some bios settings and that wont work.
so please can you tell how to format/ install windows XP to my HP pavilion g series, or is this laptop model is compatible with XP.
04-07-2012 09:07 AM - edited 04-07-2012 04:43 PM
Had you consider using a virtualized XP machine in a Windows 7 operating system?
Have you looked at the General Windows XP downgrade guide in the notebook section?
Your notebook, if new, has a SATA hard disk.
Windows XP does not natively support SATA, so in order to install Windows XP, the proper SATA driver must be installed via F6 during a normal Windows XP installation or by being slipstreamed inside a Windows XP installation image.
That likely to be why you are seeing blue screens.
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
2015 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)