Question

Honor Student
Qureish
Message 1 of 3 (3,516 Views)

HP Pavilion G series

Hi,

I have purchased 2 HP Pavilion G series from local vendor for using my work as RF engineer, then all the equipment need to have recommended OS which is Xp, i have tried more than 4 times to format my computer to xp but it fails and prompts me a death blue screen, i have tried to change some bios settings and that wont work.

so please can you tell how to format/ install windows XP to my HP pavilion g series, or is this laptop model is compatible with XP.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (3,513 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion G series

[ Edited ]

Had you consider using a virtualized XP machine in a Windows 7 operating system?

Have you looked at the General Windows XP downgrade guide in the notebook section? 

Your notebook, if new, has a SATA hard disk.

Windows XP does not natively support SATA, so in order to install Windows XP, the proper SATA driver must be installed  via F6  during a normal Windows XP installation or by being slipstreamed inside a Windows XP installation image.

That likely to be why you are seeing blue screens.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
justmody
Message 3 of 3 (2,916 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion G series

thanx All

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation