Question

Honor Student
Paviliondv1000
Message 1 of 6 (233 Views)

HP Pavilion dv1000 Notebook PC

Hello,  I was wondering if i can install windows 8 if i install more memory and hard drive into my HP Pavilion dv1000 Notebook PC.  Or, its best to buy a new laptop.

Thank you.

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 6 (220 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv1000 Notebook PC

[ Edited ]

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and product number of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

The above requested information can be found on the bottom of your computer or inside the battery compartment. Please do not include your serial number. Please enter the model/product information into HP's Online Consumer Support page and post it here for our review.

hp label.png

Please see Microsoft - Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant - FAQs for information about Windows 8 and the Upgrade Assistant. Please download and run the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant to determine if your computer's hardware and software is compatible with Windows 8.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
Paviliondv1000
Message 3 of 6 (211 Views)

Hi Frank,

Here is what i got from the bottom of my laptop.

Product: HP Pavilion dv1000

p/n: ET742UA#ABL

Hope this helps

Teacher
Zintain
Message 4 of 6 (208 Views)

You can view the Windows 8 System Requirements page and see what the requirements are.  If your computer is better that what the requirements need, then you should be able to run it.  There is also a Windows 8 compatibilty wizard that you can run and it will tell you what you need to be able to run Windows 8.

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 5 of 6 (203 Views)

Here are the original factory specs for your HP Pavilion dv1660ca Notebook Computer. Provided the Intel Core™ Duo T2300 CPU has support for PAE, NX, and SSE2... it should be able to run Windows 8 32-bit. Please run the Upgrade Assistant that was  previously linked to, and keep in mind that if fully supported this isn't going to be a fast machine.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Student
Bescal
Message 6 of 6 (149 Views)

it is unlikely that you can run Windows 8.  I ran a check it told me I had to get more RAM.  Several years ago I tried to install Windows 7 and was told the same thing.  Several weeks ago I called HP support and asked what they recommended for the HP Pavillion dv1000 and was told to install Vista.  so far I have not found a site from which one can download Vista and since  I am out of the U.S for the next several months I can not buy a disc.  If anyone finds a valid download site where you can get an authenticated key, please let me know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation