Question

Top Student
Karpurapu
Message 1 of 3 (3,974 Views)

HP Pavilion dv4-1114nr -Windows XP Professional SP2 installation

Can anybody help me how to install Windows XP sp2 / SP3 Profession on HP Pavilion dv4-1114nr Laptop?

I have tried all possibilities and it is giving Blue screen with memory dump when i am trying with XPSP2. Even SATA Native Drivers are also not available in the BIOS.

Right now I am using Virtual PC2007 SP1 for Windows XP2.  But it is consuming much resources and RAM.

Thanks & Regards,
Karpurapu

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 3 (3,984 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv4-1114nr -Windows XP Professional SP2 installation

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Downgrading this model is not always easy and Your model is designed for good work under Vista. Please check first this link written by Joshua Wood and concentrate in it on problems that may appear when You will be installing sound card.

Before downgrade make Vista backup. Here You've got all informations how to do it.

Update Your Bios to the latest version from here.

How to do it?

Plug You ac adapter to the computer.

Disconnect from the internet. Switch off any antivirus and firewalls.

Start updating Bios. It may take some time. Don't switch off Your laptop, don't disconnect ac and don't do anything on it when this update is running. 

Now You need to slipstream Your Sata drivers (only ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller) with nLite.

Here is guide how to do it and here are Sata drivers  for You.  ust unrar this drivers with winrar.

Be sure also that You are using at least WinXP SP2 version. If you haven't got SP2 version here you can download this service pack

and here You have got guide how to slipstream this file with Your system again by nLite.

In this program You can even burn Your new XP cd with this driver.

All drivers You will find in Cheryl's guide General XP Downgrade Guide for HP Laptops_Part 3.

When after installation of all drivers everything will be ok with system try SP3 if You want. This way if there will be any troubles with it You will have a chance to just uninstall this version of SP.

If You will have any problems let me know about it. I will try to help You as fast as I can.

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 07-14-2009 06:16 PM

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Top Student
Karpurapu
Message 3 of 3 (3,955 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv4-1114nr -Windows XP Professional SP2 installation

Hi

Thank you very much Professor , you have provided step by step and detailed instructions. I will try and get back to you if I have any problem.

Thanks a Lot.

Karpurapu

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation