06-25-2014 09:32 PM
I am using HP Pavilion dv4 1131tx, the factory default came with Windows Vista 32 bits, currently running on Windows 8, 64 bits.
I am able to play CDs but I am unable to play DVDs with the inbuilt PIONEER DVD-RW DVRTD08 ATA Device, despite installing HP MediaSmart DVD, VLC players and the what not. When I put in a DVD it will spin very fast and make a lot of noise and I won't be able to get the disc out, unless I manually force stop it by ejecting the whole disc drive, put it back in and swiftly press the eject button before it boots the DVD. Help please!
Here are the things I have tried but doesn't work:
2. I have upgrade it to Windows 7 Professional and now Windows 8.1 Professional, the problem persist.
06-27-2014 09:08 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
I regret that you are no longer able to play DVD's.
I see you have tried the Windows troubleshooter with no success. I checked the Pioneer site for a driver and Windows 8 and they do not offer on either.
Unfortunately, it appears that it is not totally compatible with Windows 8. The Windows driver gave you partial functionality but not all.
Have you tried installing the original driver? I do not know if it will work but it does not hurt to try.
Here is a link to Availability of Software and Drivers for Vista. Please note the section on "Reinstall original drivers to get the hardware devices working"
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)