HP Pavilion dv7- Base Devices (7730 Views)
Honor Student
karajix
Message 1 of 6 (7,730 Views)

HP Pavilion dv7- Base Devices

I recently upgraded to windows 7, clean install but I have 3 unknown base system devices and 1 unknown device. Can anyone give me a hand and suggest what they may be and where to find the driver? Thanks

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 6 (7,721 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv7- Base Devices

Base x 3 is your Card Reader. The unknown is probably the HP hdd guard feature. All of your Windows 7 drivers should be posted.Use the button at top of this page "Support & Drivers".

Use full model number or P/N from your Service Tag as input to search. Locating Model Number

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
karajix
Message 3 of 6 (7,715 Views)

Ok so my model is dv7-1025nr and i looked it up and it brought me here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=4063&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3755767

I went throught and downloaded but i still have 1 unknown and 3 base devices

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 6 (7,714 Views)

'HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection' and 'JMB38X MS SD SD/MMC xD Card Reader Driver'...did you get them? Try reinstalling again..if that fails post back.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
meStaq
Message 5 of 6 (6,970 Views)

After a fresh install of W7 home premium 64 bit, I had 1 "unknown device" (windows update took care of the rest).  The one remaining rebel on a Pavilion dv7-3166nr, was the ENE CIR Receiver Driver (HP website).  That one did the trick.

Dua Student
Student
Dua
Message 6 of 6 (4,772 Views)

My HP pavilion DV7 3031eo is too slow and hangs after some time of usage.

My HP pavilion DV7 3031eo is too slow and hangs after some time of usage.

and please let me know what is best better timing of this notebook. and if i use full volium of my speakers will it be harmfull for pc.?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation