10-23-2010 06:30 PM
I am trying to restore my laptop to factory settings using recovery disks created at the time of laptop purchase. After restore
when it restarts it says:
windows is loading files, then screen comes with the following message:
Startup Repair is checking your system for problems...
After which it says, Startup Repair cannot repair the computer automatically.
Problem details shown are:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairV2
Problem Signature 01 : AutoFallover
Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6000.16318.104.22.16800.16386
Problem Signature 03: 0
Problem Signature 04: 65537
Problem Signature 05: unknown
Problem Signature 06: MissingOsLoader
Problem Signature 07: 0
Problem Signature 08: 3
Problem Signature 09: FixBootConfig
Problem Signature 10: 2
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Then it says Click Finish to exit and shut down your computer.
It also gives link for advanced options for system recovery and support.
I tried this also and again same steps on restart. Please advice.
10-23-2010 07:25 PM - edited 10-23-2010 07:26 PM
Can you cancel the startup repair and move on to the HP restore process?
You can also try restoring from the hard drive using F11 at the very start of the boot process by tapping F11 repeatedly when you first power up the PC.
Scroll down to: Restore the PC to its original condition with the HP Recovery Manager if Windows Vista is not accessible
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)