Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just purchased a new HP ProBook 650. On Windows 7 64 bit. I cannot get any sort of bluetooth connection to work, or any settings to come up. I am guessing I need to download some sort of driver, but the other solutions I have found on here haven't worked. I must be missing something. Hoping someone can help out.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

You install the corresponding model bluetooth driver for the model wireless card your notebook has.

Also, some HP 650 models do not come with built in bluetooth.

It depends on what model wireless card is installed.

HP Recommended

Where can find the wireless card model? How can I check to make sure that I have the built in bluetooth?

HP Recommended

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Network Adapters category.

There you will see the names and model numbers of the wired and wireless network adapters.

Let me know the model number of the wireless card and I will let you know if it is a bluetooth capable wireless card or not.

HP Recommended

Intel Centrino Advanced -N 6235. I think...

HP Recommended

That would be the one, and it comes with built in bluetooth.

I cannot get to the HP Business support site for drivers (I don't think anyone can), so try the bluetooth driver directly from Intel and see if that works...second one on the list is for W7 x64:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23998

HP Recommended

Got it downloaded, I still cannot go in and access any bluetooth settings or find any bluetooth devices. Under the connection manager, it says bluetooth is powering on.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I don't know how to troubleshoot bluetooth problems when the driver has been successfully installed.

If you just bought the notebook, presumably it is under warranty, and I suggest you contact HP technical support and see if someone from HP can help you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.