Question

Honor Student
Jess244
Message 1 of 4 (2,490 Views)

HP Probook 450 Go - Fingerprint Reader

Hello,

I have a HP Probook 450 G0.  It came with Windows 7 installed, with an option to upgrade to Windows 8. I upgraded and my fingerprint reader stopped working.

I've since upgraded to Windows 8.1

Trawled the forums, saw i needed to update drivers and Software. Driver updated fine, but i can't find a Windows 8.1 version of either HP Protect Tool Security Manager or HP SimplePass Identity Protection that will work on my laptop.

On your forums, the links either don't work, or are for earlier versions of the software.

What i need is:

A link to a Windows 8.1 version of HP SimplePass Identity Protection

-or-

A link to a Windows 8.1 version of HP Protect Tool Security Manager

I do not need the Drivers, just the Program

Thank you.

Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 4 (2,482 Views)

Re: HP Probook 450 Go - Fingerprint Reader

A link to a Windows 8.1 version of HP SimplePass Identity Protection:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64339.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Honor Student
Jess244
Message 3 of 4 (2,476 Views)

Thank you Vidya for your reply, however, it doesn't work on my laptop - please see image below.

error.png

Student
Senseless
Message 4 of 4 (2,339 Views)

[ Edited ]

Jess244

Hi. It's probably because you've been downloading a file by browser and it's corrupted. Few times I saw this error message too after downloading files. All you need is to redownload it, better by download manager, and after download try to unpack it. It should unpack without errors of course.

But me either have a problem with fingerprint sensor on HP 450 G0. I'm usig Windows 7 Enterprise x64. On my own work notebook somehow that stuff is working!

I really don't remember how did I manage it, but now I'm trying to solve this problem. I'm using SCCM 2007 OSD to install the OS.

Any advice would be appreciated!

AN UPDATE.

Fingerprint Sensor works fine if computer is in domain. So it works under domain user account, exactly what I need.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation