Question

Honor Student
bhx90
Message 1 of 5 (2,742 Views)

HP ProtectTools

I set up my ProBook 4510s within HP ProtectTools do that when the laptop boots BIOS prompts for my user password.

I now want to recovery the original settings from the recovery partition as the laptop takes 30 minutes to login for some reason.  The partition is not accessible although I can see its there in the disk manager.  I guess this down to the user not having rights??

I have tried to change the bootup user to administrator using ProtectTools but I get the enable Allow reset of HP ProtectTools security keys message and cannot Manage Users or do anything with the ProtectTools.

I have even installed the latest ProtectTools but it is no different.

Is there anyway to remove/reset the BIOS password and ProtectTools.

Thanks

Honor Student
bhx90
Message 2 of 5 (2,724 Views)

Re: HP ProtectTools

Hi,

I have managed to clear the pre-boot security BIOS password, but I'm still unable to F11 to the recovery partition.

Looks like I'll have to try and get some recovery disks and there is not utility on the 4510s to create any.

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 3 of 5 (2,721 Views)

Two things to try to recover your laptop. Upon boot up press the "esc" key when prompted in the lower left corner of the screen. It's only there for a split second. Follow the instructions on the screen to recover your laptop. Or

Go to "start" > all programs > recovery manager > recovery manager > choose "system recovery" from the left column. Follow the steps in the recovery manager.

If none of these work then your recovery partition has some how become corrupted and you will have to order a set of recovery discs.

You can also try doing a system restore by going back to a point when the laptop was working. You can access this program in the recovery manager. Look for "microsoft system restore" in the left column.

Student
Savonarola1972
Message 4 of 5 (1,020 Views)

Ich habe meine ProBook 4510s von HP ProtectTools tun, wenn der Laptop bootet BIOS für mein Benutzer-Passwort aufgefordert.

Ich möchte nun zur Erholung die ursprünglichen Einstellungen aus der Recovery-Partition als der Laptop dauert 30 Minuten, um aus irgendeinem Grund anmelden. Die Partition ist nicht zugänglich, obwohl ich auch dort nicht in der Datenträger-Manager sehen können. Ich denke, das auf den Benutzer nicht, die Rechte?

Ich habe versucht, das Booten Benutzer Administrator mit ProtectTools zu ändern, aber ich bekomme die enable Lassen Reset HP ProtectTools Security-Tasten angezeigt und können nicht Benutzer verwalten oder gar nichts mit den ProtectTools.

Ich habe sogar die neuesten ProtectTools installiert, aber es ist nicht anders.

Gibt es trotzdem zu entfernen / Reset des BIOS Passwort und ProtectTools.

Dank

Student
hlevitt
Message 5 of 5 (633 Views)

[ Edited ]

Contacted HP and was instructed to perform the following steps to resolve this issue: 

1. Go to Control Panel, Programs. Uninstall ALL modules regarding Protect tools. 
2. Uninstall Protect Tool Security Manager in Program manager. 
3. In Device Manager, check to make sure that Validity Program Sensor Drive has been uninstalled. If not remove/delete. 
4. Reboot laptop.  ***MUST DO ****
5. Go to hp.com => Support and Drivers => Drivers and Downloads 
a. Enter HP6475B  or your model #
b. Select the last selection for HP Probook 6475b Notebook PC 
c. Select OS 
d. Under Driver Keyboard Mouse and Input, download the Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver and install
e. Under Software-Security, install HP ProtectTools Security Manager  and install

This process works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation