Question

Honor Student
Faithstrider
Message 1 of 3 (1,479 Views)

HP Recovery Disks won't load disk 2, please help

About a month ago my laptop (a HP Pavillion DV-7) just froze and i couldn't load windows after i rebooted my laptop. i got the HP System Recovery screen and tried to System Restore, it would get stuck at 13% and make funny sounds from the HD. i replaced the HD with a Seagate 500gb Solid State Hybrid Drive and ordered the Recovery Disks from HP. I installed the HD and put in the disk and windows started to load it's files and verything goes good till it pops out disk 1 and asks for disk 2, I insert disk 2 and nothing happens, It just stays in the screen asking for disk 2. I called HP and well...my laptop is out of warranty, So any help would be good.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 3 (1,462 Views)

Re: HP Recovery Disks won't load disk 2, please help

[ Edited ]

Not sure if this is your issue.

• Resolves an issue where Recovery Discs sent from HP do not work on a new hard drive or one that has been fully cleaned or "wiped".
  • Enables the creation of a bootable CD that can be used with a set of Recovery Discs sent from HP to install software on a new or "wiped" hard drive
  •  

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-80183-1&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

Honor Student
    Faithstrider
    Message 3 of 3 (1,445 Views)

Re: HP Recovery Disks won't load disk 2, please help

i'm sorry, i didn't specify, it was for a vista 64 OS and the disks were for vista also. the link you added was for windows 7. i tried looking for that download but for vista and couldn't find any. that was my problem though, my disks won't load...or atleast the second one won't load. i bought windows 7 today...just to try to get anything working on my laptop and nothing, the disks didn't do anything, so i think i just wasted 200 there and still no laptop for my school work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation