Question

Top Student
quantass
Message 1 of 16 (49,573 Views)

HP Remote Control not working?

[ Edited ]

I own a HP Pavilion dv6998ca Laptop (Product: dv7000).  It came preinstalled with Windows Vista Home Premium (OEMAct).  Unfortunately i had to format and reinstall but since the laptop came with no support discs i purchased a seperate Windows Vista Ultimate and reinstalled with that.

I was able to locate and download all necessary drivers accept getting the supplied HP Media Center Remote Control (RC 1762307/01) to work like it used to just isnt happening.  When i press any buttons on the remote control nothing happens -- Media Center doesnt pop up, nothing.  

How do i get my remote control to work?

I've checked my HDD but there is no recovery disk image whatsoever.  There is only one partition, my paritition where Vista Ultimate is installed.  My unit is still under warranty but if there is a quick free solution to get this driver working i would rather explore that first.

Thanks.

Message Edited by quantass on 05-03-2009 09:12 AM
Message Edited by quantass on 05-03-2009 09:13 AM
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 16 (49,566 Views)

Re: HP Remote Control not working?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Download and install this driver.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Top Student
quantass
Message 3 of 16 (49,558 Views)

Thank you Daniel.  That is a driver i never tried.  I installed it but unfortunately a no go.  Was i supposed ot configure something afterward?  I installed then tried using hte volume control buttons and Media Center button but nothing.  The only button that works is the monitor icon button.

thanks for the tip

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 4 of 16 (49,541 Views)

Check this. Uninstall this drivers which i gave You.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Provost
CherylG
Message 5 of 16 (49,526 Views)

[ Edited ]

Did you install Intel Chipset from your models driver pages?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3747904&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us...»

Btw, your laptop came with HP Recovery Manager (before Ultimate install) to format and reinstall and also to make Recovery Disk set:

http://tinyurl.com/2y4rub

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
quantass
Message 6 of 16 (49,503 Views)

I removed the prviously recommended IR driver, and also reinstalled the chipset driver for my system.  No go.  Its a stubborn RC.  Unfortunately the recovery image just isnt on the HDD any longer.  I'm so close to a full reinstall.  This media center remote control is the only thing left standing in the way.

Can anyone tell me if there is a Device Manager indication / label of the remote control?  If you can tell me how your system appears in Device Manager i can go from there in trying to get things working.

Thanks.

Provost
CherylG
Message 7 of 16 (49,475 Views)

My Device Manager in attachment.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
Gravlin
Message 8 of 16 (48,535 Views)

Im also having a little problem with my IR Remote Control driver!

My laptop is a Compaq (still HP) v6642ea with Vista being the original OS although I have just upgraded to Windows 7 RC! The only problem I am having now is finding the driver for my IR device. Any help with be much apprieciated!

Top Student
GabrielMA
Message 9 of 16 (34,552 Views)

thank you :smileyhappy:))

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 10 of 16 (34,535 Views)

@GabrielMA

Hi,

Could you share with others how did you solve your problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation