Question

Tutor
docanirudh
Message 1 of 8 (200 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Simple Pass - Disable Browser HBO / Helper Object

[ Edited ]

HI,

I just bought a J109TX laptop and the HP simple pass works fine but it keeps popping up to ask me if I want to save passwords even on secure websites where I would not like to save the password. 

If I select No - the password is not submitted and gives a wrong password error.

Also, it delays password submission to the website so that it times out.

Can you add this option in the next version of the software?

Can you please advise how to disable browser integration for HP Simple Pass ? 

HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 2 of 8 (177 Views)

Re: HP Simple Pass - Disable Browser HBO / Helper Object

[ Edited ]

Hello docanirudh,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are getting a "wrong password" error, that the password submission times out, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

In order to correct this behavior in the software, I recommend uninstalling and re-installing Simple Pass. Once removed, you can re-install the software by downloading the HP SimplePass Identity Protection Software for Windows 7 or for Windows 8.1.  

To further assist you, I will need to know:

• The version of Windows you have installed on your computer.
  • The version of Simple Pass installed on your notebook.
  • If your computer completed all of its important Windows Updates.
  • The list of websites and browsers the issue occurs on. 
  • If you have updated your HP drivers using the HP Support Assistant

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, as well as the requested information above. I look forward to your reply!

Regards :smileyhappy: 

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
docanirudh
Message 3 of 8 (157 Views)

Dear Mech Pilot,

Sorry for the delay.

I have Windows 8.1 64 bit

HP SimplePass Identity Protection Software 2014-05-04 , Version8.01.11

Windows is upto date

IE 11 ver 11.0.9

HP Simple Pass offers to rember my passowrd for banking sites -  can I ask it not to remember passwords for secure webpages or none at all - I just want to use the fingerprint scanner to login to windows.

When it offers to remember passwords if you select no the webapge gives a wrong password error.

All HP updates are installed.

What do you advise - If I disable both the BHO in task manager  will it help?

HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 4 of 8 (140 Views)

Hello docanirudh,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Based on the information you have provided in your post, I recommend following this document on Using HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader (Windows 8). Under "Frequently Asked Questions", there is a subsection labelled How do I see my password for a registered web site, where you can see how to add or remove websites setup with SimplePass protection.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Tutor
docanirudh
Message 5 of 8 (135 Views)

Dear MechPilot,

Thanks for the help.

I have HP Simple Pass version Version8.01.11 dated 2014-05-04.

Is there a separate version for Wndows 8 ? Because the link you gave me ( http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03653209#N332) has a very different interface for SimplePass.

Anyway, the version I have installed has something called a My Vault where I can view the password for the saved websites but there is no option to not use the software for a particualr website. I can delete the password but I cannot ask the software not to prompt to save the apssword for a particualr website.

The older software HP Credential Manager had an option "Do not use the SSO / software for this website". However, HP SimplePass does not have this option and perforce it keeps nagging you to save the password.

Sorry, but does does not solve my problem. There has to be a way to stop it from nagging me on some chosen websites! 

HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 6 of 8 (116 Views)

Hello again docanirudh,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Since you mentioned that your version of SimplePass is 8.01.11, please refer to this diagram below as to which options should be selected, and de-selected:

false.png

In settings, please de-select "Sign in to my websites", and select "Automatically remember all my websites". Once these options are selected, please click "Apply". This should help in preventing any further websites from being prompted to save your password for each visit.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Tutor
docanirudh
Message 7 of 8 (97 Views)

Dear MechPilot,

Hello again. Thanks for the reply.

I do not want the software to remember my passwords for secure websites especially banking sites.

How do I disable that?

I am getting really frustrated as on some websites when entering the password every two characters and on some the popup it is there continuously.

On some websites, it goes away if you ignore it and the webpage submits the password to the server. On others it does not allow the wbepage to submit the password and keeps waiting for a response (Yes/No). Here if you click NO the webpage gives an invalid password error  like at  - https://www.onlinesbi.com/merchant/merchantprelogin.htm.

I just want to use the sofware for the Windows login - call me  paranoid but I do not want alI passwords to be stored by this software.

I am now looking for instructions to replace HP simple pass with the VALIDITY FINGERPRINT MANAGEMENT APPLICATION SOFTWARE, so that the matter ends there.

Tutor
docanirudh
Message 8 of 8 (88 Views)

Hi,

Finally gave up and uninstalled HP Simple Pass.

Installed Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver from http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63001-63500/sp63418.exe

Then I dowloaded the Validty Sensor's Windows Biometric Framework (WBF) software from http://www.validityinc.com/software/hp/wbf.php

On Windows 8.1 it gives an eror during installation but installs install WBF drivers compatible with the Microsoft Fingerprint Management Application.

This allows me to logon to WIndows with fingerprint without HP Simplepass asking to save all banking passwords.

Thanks for the help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation