HP Simple Pass Not working in Firefox (11809 Views)
Honor Student
aboutoverit
Message 1 of 42 (11,809 Views)

HP Simple Pass Not working in Firefox

If I restart my computer, the HP Simple Pass will work but once I'm in, to say Yahoo, I get an "runtime error" and Firefox is forced quit.  I literally have to start a new session to get Firefox to stay open and when I do that, the fingerprint device is not working.

What gives?

I am using Windows 7 and a dm4 HP. 

It's new as of yesterday, so I'm very frustrated by it all.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 42 (11,789 Views)

Re: HP Simple Pass Not working in Firefox

Have you tried uninstall and reinstall the HP SimplePass Application?

Here is link to download HP SimplePass Application, ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47501-48000/sp47904.exe

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Honor Student
aboutoverit
Message 3 of 42 (11,778 Views)

NO, I have not tried to do that since the fingerprint pass works when I log-in to my computer (after sleeping it or restarting).  So, I would say it's more a Firefox issue.  I will look into reinstalling it, though, and see what happens.  Thank you for your reply.

Student
ajstack22
Message 4 of 42 (11,739 Views)

I can confirm that the same thing happens to me.  I just stopped singlepass from starting with windows (the little blue box annoyed me too).  It can still be used to log into windows even without the program running all the time.  I also have a DM4 and it has always had this behavior for me.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 5 of 42 (11,731 Views)

Can i have the version of Firefox?

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Student
pickernchooser
Message 6 of 42 (11,688 Views)

Does the same for me. I use the most recent firefox 3.6.11

Runtme Error!

Intern
Zirdaj
Message 7 of 42 (11,609 Views)

I have firefox 3.6.12 and I am having the same problem. The runtime error randomly happens when I try to login to a page after I swipe my finger. After the runtime error, firefox needs to be restarted, where after it has resumed, hp simplepass isn't active anymore (the icon even disappears from the system tray at the taskbar by the clock). If I open HP simplepass thru the start menu, it still opens and functions, but still unusable in firefox unless i restart the laptop.

Student
shelin
Message 8 of 42 (11,506 Views)

im having the same issue here, have a dm4-1160us wonder if you managed to resolve the issue and how?

Honor Student
syrahmayell
Message 9 of 42 (11,426 Views)

I also have a problem with my HP simple pass.. it's no longer working for my online accounts.. T_T i don't know what had happened....

Student
zpriest
Message 10 of 42 (11,371 Views)

HP dm4 also here, and I've been having the same problems - that's how I found this forum thread via Google.

Anyone know how to fix this yet? Has anybody reported this problem directly to Firefox, or to HP Simplepass?

I haven't checked to find out, but does anyone have the same problem with IE?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation