Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have HP Client Security extension and it also does NOT work (Using Win 8.1). I got around enabling it but even then nothing works because its simply not supported (probably thats why its disabled automaticly). I cant remove it either, it gets installed when I launch Chrome.

HP support wasnt helpfull, they said HP Client Security only supports Explorer, but why did they make a none-working extension for Chrome then ?

It serves pretty important laptop function too....should be an easy fix since every single extension I have in Chrome works fine. HP developers just left it hanging......

HP Recommended

The extension used to work on Chrome, but Chrome decided to start automatically disabling all 3rd Party Extensions for "your safety" if they weren't registered in the Chrome store. HOWEVER, if you used Google Chrome Canary you can continue using Simplepass. Canary is the developer version of Chrome and therefore doesn't try to disable your extensions. I highly recommend it as it feels like it runs far quicker than standard chrome (which already runs rather fast).

The reason it won't work on Chrome is because Simple Pass got bought out and no longer has any support for us users. Their site doesn't even exist anymore so they certainly won't be registering their extensions since they don't exist.

I got the extension to reappear on my version of Chrome Canary, but I have yet to get it to function again. Most of it is some computer problems I've been having though, so I'm confident that I could get it working if I hard reset my PC.

Best of Luck.

HP Recommended

I was able to enable the extension but it still doesnt work, meaning that HP password manager doesnt pop up on websites.

I am using new HP Client Security not SimplePass.

HP Recommended

Oh, well in that case I don't think I can help.

HP Recommended

I just recently purchased a new HP laptop that was the latest version of SimplePass was installed on.  

Go to this link - 

Under Security and the latest 8.01.27 is located there, and install it.

It automatically comes with Chrome Extension support.

The old version (6.XX) needs to be uninstalled, however make sure you back-up your passwords so you can import them afterwards.

I just completed, and works perfectly.   Different interface, but still works with Chrome now.
HP Recommended

Unfurtunatly looks like SimplePass does NOT work on 2570p and you must use HP Client Security which doesnt work with Chrome

Not really sure why HP uses 2 different software for the same purpose. Last update for Client Security was over 1 year ago, so its broken. 

HP Recommended

So, is there anyone at HP who can sugest an alternative software to use with their finger scanner??????

HP Recommended

I've been talking to HP for a awhile now and its zero help. They want me to run their diagnostics software that installs bunch of crapware and collects all your info which then you must send to them. I dont see this helping anyone since Client Security Manager extension simply is not compatable with current Chrome and therefore needs to be updated by HP developers. Its that easy. 

HP Recommended

so i lost all mypasswords upgrading as the new version asks for a different file extension....

butthe most annoying is that i can no longer login to my computer using the swipe....its activated and asks me to swipe finger but nothing happens.....and so i have to type in my password.....and even that now takes 4-5 seconds after upgrading the finger scanner.....

>>>>>SO HP, WHAT ALTERNATIVE SOFTWARE WORKS WIT YOUR FINGER SCANNER????>>>>>> 

HP Recommended

google chrome version: 41.0.2272.118

simple pass version: 8.00.57

Abhijit Debbarma
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.