Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Mario,

I don't have the path you said I should look for.  So I searched on "Extension" and found folder in Program Files (x86).  Under

C://Users/-name of user account-   I don't have AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User/Data/Default/Extensions  "Chrome" only shows up under Program Files.

I don't know if this helps, but I am running Windows 7 on HP Pavillion dv6Quad.

HP Recommended

I believe the reason you are unable to see "AppData" is because it is a hidden folder. Once you unlock it, you will be able to access the full path. Here are the steps to enable hidden files and folders:

1. Go into Control Panel. At the top search bar, search for “hidden files and folders”. Click on the link that reads “Show hidden files and folders”.

2. A “Folder Options” windows will open with the “View” tab selected. Click on “Show hidden files, folders and drivers”, then Apply and Ok.

3. Try finding AppData. It should appear now.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Mario,

It worked!  You are the greatest.

HP Recommended

@mellman , I do my best 🙂 Thanks for trying the steps!

Mario

HP Recommended

Thanks again, Mario.  I got extension enabled.  Also many thanks for helping me find the hidden file.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem that my SimplePass extension was disabled after the Google Chrome update. Since it said that from now on all extensions that are not original from the Google Chrome Web Store I DELETED the extension.

Now I read about the workarround but I can't find the extension anymore under the file path that Mario describes here. 

Anyone who could tell me how to get the extension back?

I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the HP Simple Pass from the link posted by Mario. No result. I have the SimplePass on my system, but not in Google Chrome any more.

I really appreciate any help. 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Mario helped me find the file which was hidden.  This is what he told me to do and it worked.

1. Go into Control Panel. At the top search bar, search for “hidden files and folders”. Click on the link that reads “Show hidden files and folders”.

2. A “Folder Options” windows will open with the “View” tab selected. Click on “Show hidden files, folders and drivers”, then Apply and Ok.

You can then see the right file path.

HP Recommended

Hi again, Mario.  All your instructions to enable Website Logon extension worked.  However, Google keeps disabling it! 

Is there a way to prevent Google for disabling?

Many thx.

M. Ellman

HP Recommended

SAlien17,

As mellman mentioned, you need to enable hidden files and folders to view the path and resolve the issue. The instructions for that are in this thread.

mellman,

Right now, the browser is being monitored for any "potential" security issues, and is why multiple extensions are being constantly disabled.

The developer mode trick does work with multiple extensions, if you have others that cannot be enabled. I tested it with a few random extensions to verify this.

Going back to your main question, until Google concludes the process, a lot of extensions will continue to be disabled. However, as you did mention, the Developer Mode trick will fix it every time, and I have not seen it fail yet.

I know this is tedious, but all we can do is hold our breath right now. Hopefully, this won't last much longer...

Mario

HP Recommended

OK.  Thanks, again Mario.  BTW, I don't see button "Accept as Solution" anywhere.  But you definitely solved my problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.