Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My previous solution no longer works. The extension is installed and the icon is active near the chrome menu button. But it never intervenes when I'm at a site with a password entry.  

:Crying:

HP Recommended

Hello, I encounter the same problem.

Here are the versions of my software:

Google Chrome: 42.0.2311.135

SimplePass: 6.0.100.276

Advice on this would be great!

HP Recommended

Check out LastPass. I've installed it just a couple days ago.  And I'm happy with it.  I still haven't gotten it to play correctly with my fingerprint reader (which requires the premium upgrade at $12/year).  But it solves my troubles.  And that is that it stores all my passwords for all my accounts and I only have to remember one master password. The upside is that paying for premium allows me use LastPass on my phone and tablet, which is really helpful. My laptop is dv6t-7000 quad. If anyone figures out how to get the reader working with chrome or LastPass, let me know. IE still works with SimplePass. But I don't see chrome changing their security policy ever,  and authentec was purchased by Apple, so I wouldn't hold my breath that they'll release an extension for Chrome through the Chrome Web Store just to make PC users happy. So unless one of the other hacks  works for you, you'll have to give up on chrome and fingerprints together. There was one working hack a little while ago,  but my  version of Win 7 didn't have the functionality. And the one that did work for me has stopped working. 

BUT, I'm happy with LastPass.  Good luck everyone! 

HP Recommended

Hello guys,

I had the same problem like you guys describe, the hp simplepass won't pop up. 

What works for me is as following:

1. Open chrome off course

2. In adress paste this: chrome://flags/#enable-npapi

3. Enable NPAPI

Restart

It really should work now, but only until chrome version 45!!

Than they will shutdown any NPAPI support.

Because of some security and speed issues or something. And apparently not much programs need this.

Hope this helps you out, for a while !!

Kind regards

Tim

Netherlands

HP Recommended

tried above with Client Security Manager, still doesnt work.  

HP Recommended

How do you mean 'client security manager'  ??

All i know is that the 'Simplepass plugin' works with NPAPI. And because chrome shutdown support for this it won't work anymore.

But. They give you the opportunity to manually use it, till 45th.

My Simlepass plugin is working. 

HP Recommended

I have HP 2570p. Aperantly HP is using 2 different softwares that does excactly the same thing but made for diffrent fingerprint readers....i dont know. Well my laptop comes with HP Client Security Manager (and its Chrome Extension), Thanks to HP it has never worked since day 1 I bought the laptop. 

HP Recommended

Ah, well i didnt know they used different programs.

I use the Simplepass version by Authentec.

i have a dv7 6105sd laptop

Spoiler
I just logged in on this forum with my finger :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

Laptop:  HP ProBook 4320s

APP:  HP Cliente Security Manager v8.3.12.1991, 17-Jun-2015
(sp71565 - Win7/8/10 [x86/x64] compatible version)

Chrome version: 45.0.2454.85 

Firefox version: 35.0

I have a HP Cliente Security Manager, i follow all app steps and another solutions in this forum, but doesn't work at firefox and chrome. :Crying:

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

I did everything you stated in the previous message and I have enabled simplepass and even got the black box with hand in the upper right hand corner of chrome, even cancelled it too.  But the simplepass still does not open????  What next????

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.