Question

Honor Student
Duoc_ADSUN
Message 1 of 6 (2,217 Views)

HP SimplePass -"The Windows logon password you entered does not match. Please try again."

[ Edited ]

I am using HP Envy DV6T - 7300 (Product number : C2Y41AV - Serial Number : {Private Information Removed} - Bios F.22 (11/02/2012))

Windows 8 (64-bit) 

HP SimplePass 6.0.100.252

BioLayer.dll - 6.0.100.252
DataManager.dll - 6.0.100.252
TokenMachine.dll - 6.0.100.252
Driver Version - 4.4.234.0

When open HP SimplePass, I can use my finger print or windows logon password to enter program. But when I setup windows logon, the windows logon password is invalid! The program said  "The Windows logon password you entered does not match. Please try again."

I have tried reinstalling Finger Print driver and HP SimplePass (6.0.100.272), but the problem still occurs. I don't want to  reinstall OS!

Please help me to resolve this problem. Thanks

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 6 (2,170 Views)

Re: HP SimplePass -"The Windows logon password you entered does not match. Please try again."

I understand that you receive the message that the windows password is invalid when using a fingerprint reader to access the SimplePass software settings.  SimpePass takes the Windows password provided and compares it to the password file for the specified user account.  This is where the invalid password message is being received.  

I take it the password works to log into Windows.  For testing purposes, what happens if you change the Windows password and try to use it in SimplePass?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
Duoc_ADSUN
Message 3 of 6 (2,160 Views)

Re: HP SimplePass -"The Windows logon password you entered does not match. Please try again

I am sure the password is typed correctly! This password I use to log on to Windows and run HP SimplePass (I choose "I want to use my Windows password." instead of using finger print. I changed my Windows password and nothing better!
Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 4 of 6 (2,150 Views)

Re: HP SimplePass -"The Windows logon password you entered does not match. Please try again."

I never suspected you were entering the Windows password wrong.  You are also able to login to Windows with the existing password (it's not mentioned that you cannot).  What I was trying to do was "trick" the program by using a different password.  Since that still didn't work along with the reinstalls of SimplePass, then that confirms there is a problem in passing the password to the Windows security files that are responsible for password verification.

Has it ever worked properly or is this a recent development?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
Duoc_ADSUN
Message 5 of 6 (2,139 Views)

Re: HP SimplePass -"The Windows logon password you entered does not match. Please try again

I have changed Windows logon password three times, nothing better! I can verify my finger print or use new password to enter HP SimplePass (if I entered wrong password, HP SimplePass shout!). Actually, the first days I buy my laptop, HP SimplePass is OK, I can logon WIndows with my finger print. But on a beautiful morning, Mr. Problem comes and doesn't go away!

Honor Student
Duoc_ADSUN
Message 6 of 6 (2,117 Views)

Perhaps, the only solution is reset the laptop! Thanks for all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation