Question

Honor Student
crh93
Message 1 of 5 (955 Views)

HP Simplepass 2011 has stopped working...

[ Edited ]

Help please:

HP Pavilion dv6-6023tx Notebook PC

Windows 7, 64-bit operating system

My HP Simplepass 2011 stopped working after installing a few programs a while ago..

Every time i try to log into my laptop using the fingerprint sensor a message pops up saying "An error occured preventing the use of your fingerprint credentials".

It seems to work when i go into the program and swipe but for nothing else..

How can i fix this?

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 5 (941 Views)

Re: HP Simplepass 2011 has stopped working...

Crh,

Try / Consider:

The SimplePass software database may just be hammered.  You can try just overloading the SimplePass software right over the top of what you have.  This may repair the database without you having to do anything else.

Your software, if you have never updated it since original install, is available from your HP Recovery Manager.

• Use Start > search / type "recover" > Click on "Recovery Manager" to start.
  • Ask for Immediate help
  • and Reinstall the Application

===================================================================================

If there is the possibility that you have updated past the original SimplePass version first installed on your computer, then you can download the SimplePass software from your HP Website:

Software & Driver Downloads - HP Pavilion dv6-6023tx Entertainment Notebook PC

• Open Category "Software - Security",
  • Download the SimplePass software
  • Double Click (or Right-Click and Run as Admin) to install

================================================================================

Let me know how you fare.

I hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<<   Click the White Kudos Star on the Left to give “Kudos / Thanks” for the help.

Please Click “Accept as Solution" if the fix solves the issue.  It helps others find help faster!

Always Include:  (Computer) Product Number  ,  Printer – Model Number ,

Never give out your Serial Number

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
crh93
Message 3 of 5 (906 Views)

tried both of them and still not working :smileysad:

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 4 of 5 (900 Views)

crh,

OK... Well, it was worth trying.

More likely, something went wrong when the new programs were installed.   In this case, the best chance to easily reverse the damage is to back up to a point before the point at which that damage occured.

Assuming you have System Restore enabled, your computer will have made a Restore point prior to installing the programs you mentioned.  You should, therefore, be able to take your system "back in time" to a point just prior to the time at which you installed the program(s) - to when SimplePass still worked.

==========================================================================

Below find the instructions on how to use System Restore.  System Restore will remove those programs you installed after the Restore Point was created:  Your personal files and data will not be affected (and will still be as they are now). 

Most computers already have System Restore enabled on at least the "C" (main) disk drive.  You will probably have at least one "Restore Point" to which you can return (a previous date and time) when things were working.  When you invoke (start) System Restore, it will tell you which Restore Point immediately available and let you know if you can select others.

If you installed several programs over a period of days and SimplePass failed after the first installed program, then you should "go back" to a Restore Point date that includes that first date.  Otherwise, select a more recent date and see how it goes.

How to Use:

Restoring Windows to a Previous Point (Windows 7)

Reference - Setting Up Restore Points and System Restore:

Prior to making any changes to your computer, you can make sure you have a Restore Point.  If things go sideways, you can “go back in time”.  This is called System Restore.  Once you have System Restore enabled, the computer will make Restore Points automatically prior to many program installations.  You can also create a Restore Point manually.

Make sure Restore Protection is turned on for the C:\ drive

AND

Control Panel > icon view > System > System ProtectionCreate a Restore Point

========================================================================== 

I hope this helps.

<<<   Click the White Kudos Star on the Left to grant Kudos for the Help

Click “Accept as Solution" on the Right to accept a fix or workaround   >>>

Always Include:  (Computer) Product Number  ,  Printer – Model Number ,

Never give out your Serial Number

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
dolphinluvr212
Message 5 of 5 (744 Views)

My simplepass  works fine when i log onto my computer however now it is not working for any of my saved passwords. I had some one remove my norton virus scan and he downgraded my web browser but prior to that it was working fine.  now my web browser has been upgraded to IE9 but my notebook dv7-6135dx still will not run simplepass on the websites it has stored.

I would really like this work again because I use it all the time.  I have tried turning it off and deleting the accounts but none of that has worked. can some one please help me out with this. 

Thank you

Nikki

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation