Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@ DavidMarshall

I think HP is having issues with the Softpaq / HP Support Assistant and BIOS versions / updates , as every time I do an IDR log ( Software from HP Tech to see what versions of software etc I am running ) it tells me my BIOS is old and there is an update , BUT , I have F21 the newest available. So you are probably getting the same issue and after it downloads it realises you have the newest and then fails ?

Hope this makes you less worried 🙂

Dave.

HP Recommended

hi dink, i use hp softpaq to update hp softwares & drivers, but for the bios i use manual update using usb sticks.

I really hope all you guys able to sort the problem too. wish all the best luck for you guys.

HP Recommended

Hi All ,

Still getting the run around from HP , but I do seem to have a new Tech engineer looking at my case and it seems he is a higher rank !!

Got me to reinstall HPSF 4.5.10.1 today :indifferent: even though I knew this would be fruitless I went along with it and as I expected made no difference whatsoever , still got HPPA errors and it will not collect data.

This is what I sent them in reply after returning an email to say I had tried a reinstall and all seemed the same.

........................................................................................................................

Hi ,
  Just a quick update :

1/ Still getting errors in EV

CaslSmBios warning

2012/08/05 23:09:01.515|0000126C|Error     
|[CaslWmi]A::A{bool(object,hpCasl.CaslEventArgs&)}|Error e_INVALID_XML
converting PMC bytes to XML.

2/ Still getting errors for HPPA from
Windows error reports and in EV

An error occurred while using HP
CASL.
Please restart HP Power Assistant application.
Additional details
may be available in the Details section.

DETAILS
CASL Error! Event
PMC.Data didn't return XmlDocument; returnedSystem.Byte[]

These are ALL
the same as before and EXACTLY the same errors that I have had from the start of
this issue from back in May. This has not changed even though I have changed
HPSF and HPPA to the newer versions.

However since updating the software
some errors have dissappeared.

PLEASE look at the files I have sent you ,
I have tried to give you everything possible regarding these errors including
print screens showing the exact issues.

Hope we can resolve this issue
soon as it is spoiling my enjoyment of an otherwise FANTASTIC
laptop.

Dave.

...................................................................................................

So lets hope 🙂

HP Recommended

I noticed there was a new version of the Software Framework available

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57698.html

Download ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57698.exe

Seems to address the issue.

HP Recommended

Looks interesting 🙂  Thanks for the heads up Dave.

HP Software Framework  VERSION:  4.5.12.1

I will give it a go and see , got most of it working OK now , just can't stop the errors for HPPA , huge error reports (150 MB) in Windows when it crashes ? Doesn't seem to affect PC as I don't notice till I do a CCleaner at the end of the day and see loads of them ?

Doesn't list mine specifically but HP don't seem that organised on this anyway , HP UK didn't realise about 4.5.10.1 until I pointed it out to them , and then they updated UK site a week later 🙂 Seems the USA get this alot faster than us .

Dave.

HP Recommended

STILL WAITING FOR A RESPONSE FROM HP ,

HAD NEW EMAIL REQUEST 2 WEEKS AGO FOR MORE FILES  which I sent back straight away ????  :Crying:

Now I here nothing ?

HP Recommended

Just to keep you all up to date,

I have just had an email back from HP Tech and we have now moved to Tech Level 3 !!

No clues as to why this is such an issue ( would be nice if they let me in on the secret ) , but obviously they know something ??

Fingers crossed 🙂

Dave.

HP Recommended

Hi Dave,

thanks for the update, great that you are still on their backs.

Going to L3 sounds like HP has a serious issue. They better pull up their socks if they have any intentions in staying in the steadily more competitive market or they will become one of the IT dinos. Ha ha.

Best of luck

Sami. 

HP Recommended

:OpenSmile:

How hard can it be to make your own software work on your top of the range machine ????

Beggars belief that they are having such issues sorting such a simple issue.

"Converting PMC bites to XML is NOT happening for some reason " on their Software ??

That is what windows and the HPPA ( HP Power Assistant ) errors keep saying.

Yet the Program seems to mostly work ??

I will just pray that someone at HP has a clue about software , and not a

---- Just keep reinstalling on a fresh system ----

actually know how to fix the incorrect file or folders or Registry entries.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Just thought I'd update things a bit .

HPSF was hassling me to try the updated version , so it's on the UK site now 🙂

Just tried HPSF 4.5.12.1 , loads perfect BUT still same errors in Event Viewer and Windows error log files , so no real change , still getting the PMC bytes error.

Have just kicked off on MY SUPPORT page and sent emails to each and every HP email address I could find 🙂

Wonder what the response will be .

Dave.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.