Question

Tutor
Schlumpf
Message 1 of 6 (10,825 Views)

HP Software Framework WMI Service

Is "HP Software Framework WMI Service" required on my HP Elitebook 8560p? Would it cause problems when I deactivate it or change it to "manual startup type"?

Intern
lkapoor
Message 2 of 6 (10,788 Views)

Re: HP Software Framework WMI Service

Tutor
Schlumpf
Message 3 of 6 (10,784 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the quick response.

The HP Software Framework provides a common set of software interfaces that centralize and simplify access to hardware, BIOS, and HP specific drivers that work with the Microsoft Windows Operating Systems

The problem is that  it seems to me that the system hangs on the Welcome screen every time I am logging into my Win 7 account. Eventmanager lists "Casl" errors etc. related to HP Software Framework (at every system start). So I am under the impression that this HP Framework does not work properly with Windows 7.

Well, I tried to deactivate the framework but then there appear several other errors in the Event Manager and Windows 7 still hangs during system start...

Intern
lkapoor
Message 4 of 6 (10,781 Views)

Just download the driver from the link in my post and re-install the driver. 

Tutor
Schlumpf
Message 5 of 6 (10,775 Views)

[ Edited ]

I tried to reinstall the HP framework but it says that there is a newer version on my notebook.

Anyway, this newer version had been reinstalled, too - so I think this won't provide a solution...

This is a part of an Casl error text within the Event Viewer:

|[CaslWmi]CommandFolio::A{hpCasl.enReturnCode(int&)}|Error 0xe_BIOS_INVALID_COMMAND_TYPE from BIOS WMI call Read/2Eh while getting Folio state

Intern
Dink4
Message 6 of 6 (10,018 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation