HP Support Assistant Error (5284 Views)
Top Student
Stickz6
Message 1 of 7 (5,284 Views)

HP Support Assistant Error

When I try to open Hp Support Assistant i get an error message (0xc000007b). the file it says its error is from HPSF_Utils.exe i get this same message when trying to reinstall it. This is happening on a 2 week old HP dv6 3140tx. Please help me fix this so i can try fix my other problem i have with my computer. Black screening. Not very impressed actually from a brand new laptop. Any Help will be appreciated thanks.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 7 (5,269 Views)

Re: HP Support Assistant Error

Hi,

First of all download the latest installer for HP Support Assistant on the link below and save it to your Desktop.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50516.exe

Next, download and install Revo Uninstaller from the link below.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/download-freeware-version.php

Run revo and use it to uninstall the HP Support Assistant software. Right click on the icon of the program you wish to remove and select Uninstall.  This will initially launch the applications own uninstaller.  During the rest of the process you may be asked to delete registry entries, just select all and then click delete.  Do the same for any left over files and folders.  Once the uninstall has completed, reboot the PC.

When windows has reloaded, right click the installer for HP Support Assistant on your Desktop and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
Stickz6
Message 3 of 7 (5,226 Views)

Hey thanks for trying. I tried what you said but i got the same error message. Maybe the HPSF_Utils.exe is part of some other HP product that i may have unistalled???

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 7 (5,203 Views)

Hi,

If you don't still have the installer for HP Support Assistant, it's on the link below.  Save this to your Desktop.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50516.exe

If you don't have an extraction utility installed, download and install 7-Zip .  With this installed, right click on the installer for support assistant, select 7-Zip, select extract files, then click Ok.  Open the newly extracted folder, right click on UninstallHPTCA and select 'Run as Administrator'.  Let the process finish and then restart the PC.

Open the extracted folder again, right click on setup and select 'Run as Administrator'.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
Stickz6
Message 5 of 7 (5,192 Views)

:smileysad: still getting the same error. thanks a lot though! :smileyhappy:

Teacher
densyo12
Message 6 of 7 (5,174 Views)

i've encountered an error before w/ HPSA, here's what solve the issue. you can try it.

boot to safe mode w/ networking(press f8 while booting up)

open command prompt(typed in CMD on the search bar at the top of the start button, then right click on CMD at the top result then click on run as administrator.

next step is type in this command (do not erase anything on the CMD, just go ahead and type)

sfc /scannow

then enter.it may take for around 15-20mins.wait for the result then restart your computer.

if not resolve call HP tech support, i suggest to reinstall the OS,last resort.

Tutor
StClairShores
Message 7 of 7 (4,395 Views)

Re: HP Support Assistant Error - OBTAINED A FIX

I received this error with the HP Support Assistant after installing Zone Alarm Internet Security (ver 9. something) on 2/19/2011, on an HP G62-340US, Win 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.

Spoke with a Tech at Zone Alarm who said, "The HP Support Assistant conflicts with the Browser Security so if the issue isn't resolved with updating the HP Support Assistant, the Browser Security toolbar would need to be uninstalled."

So I uninstalled the ZA Browser Security toolbar, rebooted the system, and wah lah, no more error msg and the HP Support Assistant is working again.  Yippie!

Pay It Forward
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation