Question

Student
tinkerette
Message 1 of 3 (615 Views)

HP Support Assistant doesn't work

I have a brand new HP Pavilion dv7-6c95x Notebook.  I can open up Support Assistant but that's it.  Everything stops after that.  I can't do anything.  HP WarrantyChecker is always popping up & freezing up.  I always have to go to Task Manager to close them down.  Any ideas??

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (606 Views)

Re: HP Support Assistant doesn't work

Hi,

The first thing I'd try is a clean installation of HP Support Assistant as follows.

First of all, uninstall your current version of HP Support Assistant by opening windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for HP Support Assistant and select Uninstall.  When this process has completed, restart the notebook.

Next download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the page on the link below - the download links are towards the bottom of the page.

http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/hp-support-assistant.html

After the installation, restart the notebook again.

If you get any error during any stage of this procedure, make a note of them and include them in your next post.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
allhaw
Message 3 of 3 (506 Views)

Re: HP Support Assistant doesn't work

when I click on to HP support assistant , all I get is a black screen, What do I do?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation