Question

Honor Student
Harris37
Message 1 of 16 (9,081 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Support Assistant won't download updates, or complete "health check"

Recently, I noticed that my HP Support Assistant has stopped informing me of new updates available. Also, whenever I try and do a manual check for updates through the application, the "health check" fails. I have an HP Envy 14, Beats Audio Edition. The model number is XG981UA#ABC.

Also, I'm not sure if it changes anything but the most recent update I downloaded was the newest version of the ATI Catalyst Control center (I needed the most up to date drivers for Battlefield 3). 

Anybody know of a possible fix for the Support Assistant software? 

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 16 (9,065 Views)

Re: HP Support Assistant won't download updates, or complete "health check"

Hi,

Try the following

First of all, uninstall your current version of HP Support Assistant by opening windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for HP Support Assistant and select Uninstall.  When this process has completed, restart the notebook.

Next download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the page on the link below - the download links are towards the bottom of the page.

http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/hp-support-assistant.html

After the installation, restart the notebook again.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Harris37
Message 3 of 16 (9,055 Views)

Wow, that was so simple now I feel stupid for asking in the first place lol. 

Thanks a bunch, working perfectly now! 

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 16 (9,053 Views)

Hi,

It's certainly not a stupid question and this can be a difficult problem to resolve sometimes so I'm glad the suggestion I offered worked :smileyhappy:

All the best,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
pixy489
Message 5 of 16 (8,512 Views)

i'm having the same issue but i'm on a compaq Presario Cq62, cq62-215DX

Student
Marcelo124
Message 6 of 16 (7,912 Views)

hey iam unable to unistall it, plus this computer is brand new and iam having blue screen come up should i send it to manufacturer 

Top Student
br_benz
Message 7 of 16 (4,950 Views)

HP Support Assistant won't download updates, or complete "health check"

I've the same problem with HPSA 7.0.39.15 that cannot do the software drivers update,

Hpissue.png

also i notice that there is no information at the bottom of the window, it cant show neither the product name nor the serial number.

My pc Info: HP dv6-6b13tx Entertainment Notebook

OS windows 7 64bit

HPSAIssue.png

Professor
npw05001
Message 8 of 16 (4,942 Views)

Hello br_benz,

I see that you are having problems with the HP support assistant on your computer. I have a couple of suggestions that may help with this issue.

I would suggest uninstalling the support assistant using the software program from this link. This will completely remove the support assistant and allow for a clean version to be installed.

I would suggest downloading the support assistant back on the computer from the recovery manager or from the download from HP.com on the drivers and download page specific for your computer.

If you provide the model number of the computer I can provide a link to that page. Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Once you have downloaded the support assistant if the computer information is not at the bottom of the screen then it has not downloaded successfully.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Top Student
br_benz
Message 9 of 16 (4,936 Views)

Thank u sir for this sugesstion, but i ve already done what u said, i had uninstalled and installed the new version from the official HP web site after a failure to update of the version 5.x.x, but the problem hasn't been solved, than i uninstalled this new version using Microsoft fix it install/uninstall program and rerun the application downloaded from this link http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5203... (this version is 6.x.x)

with unactivated windows fire wall nor Kaspersky internet security and the same problem appeared; finally i re-installed the application recovered (version 5.x.x) the lonley version which works greatley with my PC.

So i can suggest the others who have that issue with HPSA v.7.0.39.15  to don't waste their and just recover the old version (version 5 espacially).

"I can't say that the problem is solved"

Professor
npw05001
Message 10 of 16 (4,931 Views)

Have you tried to install it from the recovery manager? The issue is with the support assistant not pulling in your computer information where it is displayed at the bottom of the screen.

From my experience until you get the original 5.x.x version downloaded with the product and serial number showing correctly at the bottom the support assistant won't work or update correctly.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation