HP Touchpad WebOS shows blank screen when clicking on photo. WHY (773 Views)
Student
mwm3006
Message 1 of 2 (773 Views)

HP Touchpad WebOS shows blank screen when clicking on photo. WHY

Just purchased an HP Touchpad 16G Wi Fi because my wifes Ipad doesn't do all things. Her favorite site is www.pinterest.com. You see photos there and you click and (pin) them to your folders. Every time she clicks on a photo the screen just goes blank. WHY?? This is the main reason I bought the Touchpad for her. Can anyone tell me why it goes blank. Is something wrong with this touchpad or does the WebOS just not work on a site like this? Again, this is the ONLY reason I bought the touchpad. All reviews were saying great things about the WebOS system. Any help would be great. Thanks

Student
tsavorite
Message 2 of 2 (705 Views)

Re: HP Touchpad WebOS shows blank screen when clicking on photo. WHY

I love Pinterest.com too.   I just went to my touchpad.  Using the browser I did a search for Pinterest and then went there and logged in.  I had no trouble logging in and no trouble repinning, onto my own board ,something someone else had pinned.  

My suggestion is to restart the touchpad and login at the site and not login through facebook.  You might restart the Touchpad?

I wish there was an app for Pinterest for WebOS.   It would be nice to pin items from the web.  But repinning from the site seemed to be no problem.  

I had one more suggestion-

There is an app called Splashtop.   You download the app to your touchpad.  You then go to the web, on your laptop or desktop computer, and download the Splashtop Streamer program.  It is a very small program.  Follow the instructions to connect the computer and touchpad together. (very simple).  Then you can operate your computer remotely using the touchpad.  Using my touchpad  I am able to open up IE or Chrome and Pin as usual.  I can even watch Netflix (though the picture quality leaves a bit to be desired.)     

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation