HP TrueVision HD Webcam Has Massive Lag (8875 Views)
Honor Student
elisegeree
Message 1 of 6 (8,875 Views)

HP TrueVision HD Webcam Has Massive Lag

Hello, I just got my new HP Pavilion dv7-6163us (Win7, 64bit) laptop for Christmas (and might I add, it's gorgeous), but when opening up YouCam, I noticed there is quite a bit of lag on the playback on the screen. I tried to record a small video clip, hoping it didn't effect the actual recorded data, but just as much lag was recorded. I was wondering if there was any way that I could fix this? I'm new to YouCam, so a walk-through would be fabulous. Thanks in advance.

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 6 (8,855 Views)

Re: HP TrueVision HD Webcam Has Massive Lag

Hi Elise,  Welcome to the HP forum!

Try this:

YouCam > Settings (top-right selection, looks like tools) First Tab (looks like a Webcam) > Capture Resolution > Decrease the resolution (smaller numbers = less detail = faster response)

Whilst I was looking into this I did find something you should have - it's the full help manual for YouCam.  I didn't even know this existed, so thank you for your inquiry!  The pdf version is easier to scroll through than the little help file that is attached to the YouCam program.

To see your YouCam version:

Open a Windows Explorer window and

paste this line into the top Search / Title bar (just to the right of the <--> arrows)

OR open the window and bump down until you find the YouCam folder...

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\YouCam

Right-Click YouCam.exe > Properties > Details > Check your "Product Version"

Manuals and the Forum:

Here is the manual for YouCam V3.x - it's what I have in my own dv7 (just updated to 3.5).

YouCam Manual 3.x

If you have a different version of YouCam, start at this page and select your Version:

YouCam User Guide List

It appears that if you register your YouCam you can participate in the Forum. 

You can look around without being registered:

CyberLink Community Forum - YouCam

I hope this helps.

Say “Thanks” for the Help!  Click the Kudos Star whenever you find a Post that helps you.

Fixed?  Mark this Post “Accepted Solution” to say the solution worked for you.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
elisegeree
Message 3 of 6 (8,848 Views)

Thanks! I went into the settings as you suggested, and just started looking through everything. I ended up stumbling upon something that said, "Allow Low-Light Compensation". I had to unclick that box. Then edit the video settings and it worked perfectly :smileyhappy:

Student
bila_sony
Message 4 of 6 (8,718 Views)

Re: HP Trisection HAD WebMD Has Massive Lag

elisegeree wrote:

Hello, I just got my new HP Pavilion dv7-6163us (Win7, 64bit) laptop for Christmas (and might I add, it's gorgeous), but when opening up YouCam, I noticed there is quite a bit of lag on the playback on the screen. I tried to record a small video clip, hoping it didn't effect the actual recorded data, but just as much lag was recorded. I was wondering if there was any way that I could fix this? I'm new to YouCam, so a walk-through would be fabulous. Thanks in advance.

Honor Student
HPThomas
Message 5 of 6 (6,356 Views)

Re: HP Trisection HAD WebMD Has Massive Lag

elisegeree's post right before yours has the solution:
In version 3.5: Click the "enhance the current video image". Press the "advanced" button at the bottom of the "video enhancement" dialogue box. Click on the Camera Control tab. Uncheck the Low Light Compensation check box. Click ok. Should fix it. Very smooth after turning that option off. The autolighting check box also seems to lighten a bit without lag if you need it. Another common issue - if you have exposure issues where the screen goes dark and you can't adjust it with the exposure slider, go back to the advanced screen and the Camera Control tab and check auto exposure. If you change it manually, you may have to go back and recheck autoexposure again.
Student
tylerdabeast
Message 6 of 6 (3,175 Views)

hi i just tryed to fix the lag in my camera and it did nothing to help it is there another way to fix it or should i take it in?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation