Question

Honor Student
meaghanjuba
Message 1 of 78 (183,374 Views)

HP TrueVision web cam software

My HP TrueVision software somehow got deleted (the software where you can take pics on your laptop with effects that comes standard on all laptops) how can I download it again?

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 78 (183,351 Views)

Re: HP TrueVision web cam software

[ Edited ]

Look in your Start Menu for HP Recovery Manager which can be used to reinstall much of the original software/drivers.

Use 'Support & Drivers' tab at top of the forum page at HP.com to find your models driver/software pages_Or>> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?cc=us&lc=en

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
Izagaia
Message 3 of 78 (182,907 Views)

Are there any other software options other than those by CyberLink for an HP TrueVision HD webcam?

"O! For a muse of fire that ascends the brightest heavens of invention; a kingdom for stage, princes to act and monarchs to behold the swelling scene."
Student
salilwankhade
Message 4 of 78 (179,727 Views)

hi.... you just need to download youcam soft from internet... I hope u've not deleted driver.... in case you have deleted driver, install it with the help of packed CD u obtained from HP.

Top Student
drbrucehoag
Message 5 of 78 (177,787 Views)

Yesterday, I spent another couple of hours - I had this problem before - with a half dozen HP support technicians. (You can call them directly at (1-800-474-6836). At first we tried installing the Cyberlink software mentioned above via the Recovery Manager. (This file is in the list of programs you see when you click the Start (Windows) button in the lower left of your screen.)

We made three attempts to install it. On every occasion, I got a monologue box that said something to the effect that there were doubts as to whether the software had installed correctly, and that I should uninstall it and then reinstall it. This was a sterling idea; unfortunately, I could never find it to uninstall it.

The next step was to roll the system back to a time when the camera was known to have worked. For me, that was just a few days before. However, this didn't work either. (The suggestion was made that when everything, including the camera works, that a Restore Point ought to be created just for solving that particular problem) I wish I had done that at the time.

Another suggestion made to me at that time was that the weekly Windows 7 (and perhaps other system updates) could also be behind the problem. You can test this by changing your automatic system downloads to download, but decide yourself when to install them. Then, with the camera working, install one at a time. If the driver disappears, as before, the roll the computer back to the restore point where it did work.

I was able to explain all that had been done to the last technician. He was knowledgeable, courteous, and very sympathetic; but he said that, having tried all that I've just discussed, there were really only three choices that remained: 1) Use the system restore from Start-F11 to reinstall the OS back to factory fresh. If that didn't work, then you'd know that it was a hardware problem, at which point you could then either: 2) send the computer back to HP for repair, or 3) buy an external camera.

Admittedly, these options are not optimum; but at least you know where you are.

Special kudos to Alise (spelling?), Shari (young man), Dorothy, and Mike. The last three are in Nova Scotia. I couldn't have asked for better support than what they gave me!

Cheers, Bruce

Bruce Hoag, PhD, CPsychol

Work Psychologist & Business Coach

Honor Student
mitzita11
Message 6 of 78 (167,771 Views)

meaghanjuba wrote:

My HP TrueVision software somehow got deleted (the software where you can take pics on your laptop with effects that comes standard on all laptops) how can I download it again?

Top Student
robcantwe
Message 7 of 78 (165,453 Views)

Re: HP Trisection web cam software

I lost my true vision camera, how can i reload or download it again..

Tutor
jmiller1941
Message 8 of 78 (164,206 Views)

Re: HP TrueVision Webcam

I fixed the problem with my TrueVision webcam by downloading the driver from this website.     Click

The software is called  CyberLink Youcam

The driver dowloaded to:

START  /  All Programs  / Communications + ChatCyberLink YouCam

Now, my webcam works like a charm !!

Tutor
jmiller1941
Message 9 of 78 (164,199 Views)

Download the driver from this website.        Click

Tutor
jmiller1941
Message 10 of 78 (164,171 Views)

Re: HP TrueVision Webcam

This software is called CyberLink YouCam .. but it's the driver that you need for HP TrueVision webcam.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation