Re: HP WA Services Err 0

bump, anyone got any idea ???

regards,

Antony Lee
Dean
Vidya
Message 3 of 12 (4,059 Views)

Are you referring to the eventlog error that is speaking about a wireless assistant program error? Are you facing any issues using wireless? Are you facing any software in using wireless assistant?

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Teacher
Antony_Lee
Message 4 of 12 (4,042 Views)

i didn't experience problems in using wireless, but only curious on keep seeing it in event log.

regards,

Antony Lee
Student
Midseven
Message 5 of 12 (4,035 Views)

Hi there,

I have the same message in the event log : GetPanelBrightnessTables() failed : e_BIOS_INVALID_COMMAND_TYPE.

I found out this message when looking for a reason to my panel brightness problem.  For an unknown reason, my screen brightness get set to the battery brightness level even if the laptop is plugged in.  When I boot the laptop, sometimes it's the right settings (plugged in scheme - full brightness), sometimes it's the battery brightness level.  IT'S MORE THAN ANNOYING to adjust the settings each time that's wrong.  I pressed "Save modifications" but the problem comes back each day.

Anyone having an idea?  I don't know if this event log message is related but it sounds like it a bit, no?  Anyway, I don't understand why the HP Wireless Assistant should be checking the panel brightness, that makes no sense.

By the way, the laptop is set to never go in sleeping mode and the model is HP G62-220CA.

Please help me.

Honor Student
jrameysr
Message 6 of 12 (3,895 Views)

Anybody got any information on this Error?

GetPanelBrightnessTables() failed : e_BIOS_INVALID_COMMAND_TYPE

I have the same one and have not found a solution.

Honor Student
AutoBaz
Message 7 of 12 (3,529 Views)

I'm having this issue on my 8440p, but it's clearly related to the HP Power Assistant.  Anyone have an update on a solution or fix?

Intern
Harry28
Message 8 of 12 (3,072 Views)

I Have exactly the same problem, the system works fine but im curious about the error in the windows event log.

I keep getting this:

GetPanelBrightnessTables() failed : e_BIOS_INVALID_COMMAND_TYPE

Or this Unable to access panel brightness tables.

Or more lately, this is the one im getting, all related to the same thing:

System.Management.ManagementException
Incompatible
en System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
en System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
en HPPA_Service.CurrentConfiguration.GetPanelBrightnessPercentage()

I have however, no problems of any kind of brightness or stuff.

Intern
Harry28
Message 9 of 12 (3,025 Views)

Bump!

Student
biobuck
Message 10 of 12 (1,724 Views)

bump!  I have the same issue for a long time and HP seems have no answer for us!  Sad!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation